We are looking for an organised and experienced Office Co-ordinator who is excited by the idea of working in a team dedicated to the rights of people with disability.
The salary will be at SCHADS 3 or 4 ($30 to $37 per hour) depending on experience.
The position is based in Hobart and is part time up to 0.6.
Outline of the Roles and Responsibilities
- Maintain effective records and filing systems, including a membership and asset register.
- Perform invoice coding and submit invoices for payment.
- Respond to enquiries from members and others.
- Arrange meetings, book venues and respond to participants’ communication or other needs such as interpreters, note takers, assistance or dietary requirements.
- Assist with the marketing and promotion of Disability Voices Tasmania and supporting the communications strategy.
- Assist with managing the social media and website (training provided).
- Maintain office equipment, and order supplies.
Key skills and experience
- Excellent communication skills in working with people with differing communication styles and needs.
- Experience in working in an office and maintaining organisational systems.
- High-level event organising and co-ordination skills.
- High-level competency in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Experience in Mind Your Own Business (MYOB) software or willingness to develop skills in that area (training is available in-house).
- Experience in working to a management group in a membership-based organisation.
- Evidence of a commitment to promoting the rights of people with disability.