- Part time, casual ongoing employment in an entry-level professional role that provides flexibility
- Work from home opportunity, commencing at the beginning of March
- Pay rates above the industry award, with opportunities for advancement – the WFH rate begins at $26.24 (training rate) for first 50 hours of dialling shifts and progresses to $29.34 thereafter
The Social Research Centre is a leading industry service provider in the social research space conducting outbound telephone surveys with people across the country. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a casual ongoing role that provides insights into the attitudes, opinions and wellbeing of the Australian public.
We have multiple vacant positions within our interviewing team for those motivated and ready to contribute to quality data collection in a phone-based role. Our casual interviewers have the opportunity to work evening and weekend shifts, depending on project requirements.
What you’ll be doing:
You will be dialling outbound, conducting research on a variety of themes including Australian society, health, education and employment. Some of our studies deal with sensitive subject matter such as sexual abuse and community attitudes towards domestic violence, and may elicit challenging responses. You may be required to work on population health surveys that include questions about mental health and wellbeing.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A desire to work in a professional role that contributes to the wellbeing of Australian people
- Strong communication skills (LOTE beneficial, ideally seeking candidates with fluency in Italian, Greek or Cantonese)
- Resilience when navigating challenging and emotional situations
- Customer service experience within a contact centre environment preferred
- The willingness to work under pressure whilst maintaining high standards of performance
- Basic computer literacy and knowledge of Office 365 essential, CATI software desirable
- Exceptional work attendance and reliability
What we offer:
- Pay rates above industry award – rate begins at $26.24 (WFH training rate) for first 50 hours of dialing shifts and progresses to $29.34 thereafter
- An opportunity to work with a renowned market leader in the Social Research Industry
- A supportive, development-focused culture with ongoing mentorship
- MUST be available to work REMOTELY (see technical requirements below)
- Preferred availability: 4 weekday evenings (early afternoon starts, through to 8:30pm EST) and 1 weekend day shift (11:00am - 5:00pm EST) per week
- Minimum availability: 3 weekday evenings (4:30 - 8:30pm EST) and 1 weekend day shift (11:00am - 5:00pm EST) per week -this is a position requirement
- Depending on project requirements, our interviewers might occasionally be expected to work more than 20 hours per week across weekdays and weekends, including earlier start-times for mandatory briefings.
- Must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or hold valid Australian working rights.
- Must meet the technical requirements below to confidently perform the role remotely
- Must have a suitable workspace available that meets organisational OHS standards, including an appropriate desk, chair and quiet environment to conduct phone interviews
A successful applicant must meet the following minimum technical requirements:
- 4GB RAM
- Current and updated anti-virus software
- Internet connection: a reliable internet connection that doesn’t drop out regularly (a connection of 1.5 Mbps upload preferred)
- Built-in or external camera
A smart phone with Microsoft Authenticator installed and a USB/audio jack headset with mic is required.
Windows 10 or 11 PC
The following OS will be compatible:
If you are interested in these positions, please apply now for immediate consideration or contact DFP Recruitment on 03 8632 9900 for further queries.