- National charity
- Opportunity to work with people and dogs
- Work from home
ABOUT THE ROLE
The role is responsible for the coordination of the Therapy Dogs and Classroom Canines programs across Victoria. Working with volunteers and their dogs, and facilities from the health and community care sectors, you will coordinate the delivery of Animal Assisted Interventions.
You will be responsible for the:
- recruitment, selection and on-boarding of volunteers;
- engagement of facilities wanting to introduce animal therapy programs;
- placement of Therapy Dog Teams with our Partner Facilities;
- ongoing support of volunteers, including supervision and retention;
- relationship management required to support and retain facilities;
- management of the budget for the programs in your State;
- administration of the program, including waitlist management, database maintenance, compliances, and contract management;
- submission of regular reports to demonstrate your achievements against your KPIs; and
- contributions to team projects and a nationally aligned approach to program delivery.
Please see attached a copy of the Position Description.
- Location: Melbourne VIC (working from home)
- Hours: Permanent Full time 37.5 hours/week
- Remuneration: $65,000 + superannuation + opportunity to salary sacrifice
We are looking for people orientated, results driven, passionate individuals, with strong relationship management and program coordination skills, to join the team at Delta Therapy Dogs. A love of dogs is a must.
Essential Criteria for the role:
- An ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders;
- Proven to be a results oriented self-starter who enjoys achieving targets;
- Well developed communication, influencing, liaison and negotiation skills and established problem solving and conflict management skills;
- Highly organised, efficient, with exceptional time and work management skills;
- Strong administrative skills, including good attention to detail;
- Good financial management skills;
- Demonstrated commitment to professional learning and continuous improvement;
- A love for dogs and animals, a passion for our mission and a commitment to positive rewards-based animal training;
- A commitment to safeguarding vulnerable people;
- An ability to work autonomously and within a geographically dispersed national team;
- An ability and desire to travel across the state;
- An ability to work weekends and evening as required;
- Strong computer literacy (including proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite and experience using CRMs) and an ability to adapt to new technologies; and
- A current unrestricted Driver Licence.
- Tertiary qualifications in social sciences, NFP/Social Enterprise Management or volunteer management;
- Industry experience working in a for-purpose organisation (Aka NGO, NFP or charity);
- Proven experience as a Volunteer Coordinator;
- Experience working alongside or as a volunteer yourself;
- Experience working in or with health or community facilities such as hospitals, aged care, disability or mental health services etc.; and
- Experience coordinating or delivering Animal Assisted Interventions.
ABOUT THE ORGANISATION
Delta Therapy Dogs is a national for-purpose organisation whose mission is to help animals bring joy to people. Delta’s work focuses on bringing the social, physical and emotional benefits of therapy animals to people who need it most. Teams visit sick children and adults in hospitals, residents in aged care facilities, rehabilitation centres, prisons and any other facilities where building connection with a therapy animal can enhance quality of life.
Delta Therapy Dogs is an Equal Opportunity Employer who provides an inclusive work environment and embraces the diverse talent of its people.
Our organisation is committed to protecting vulnerable people – including but not limited to children, young people and vulnerable adults – from harm. We require all applicants to undergo screening processes prior to appointment, including a National Police Check.
We value integrity, a purpose focus, accountability and supportiveness.
To read more visit: www.deltasociety.com.au
FOR MORE INFORMATION
If you would like to discuss the position of State Program Coordinator – VIC please contact:
National Programs Manager
Delta Therapy Dogs
T: 0423 359 557