The successful candidate will be responsible for providing a range of culturally appropriate comprehensive primary health care services to clients of Danila Dilba Health Service.
You’ll IMPACT the community, helping close the gap in Indigenous healthcare and wellbeing, one helping hand at a time.
You’ll be PROUD, both of the work you do and who you work for.
You’ll work with a TEAM, alongside people who are down to earth and truly dedicated to what we do.
You’ll EXPERIENCE and learn something new every day through the variety of your role.
You’ll embrace the OPPORTUNITY to progress your career - follow your path at Danila Dilba.
- Provide clinical services to clients in the acute setting while applying the principles of chronic disease management to appropriate cases.
- Participate in primary health care service delivery and development.
- Participate in screening, recall, follow up and referral processes.
- Partake in clinical audits
- Participate in Registrar, Aboriginal Health Worker and medical student supervision, education and staff development sessions to upgrade skills.
- Contribute to operational system reviews and improvement.
- Utilise Communicare client management system, HIC online and other associated systems to ensure that client records are maintained accurately and meet all legal obligations;
- Utilise adult health check assessments and care planning for all clients.
- Be effective and efficient in ensuring timely billing for Medicare, PIP and SIP payments.
- Promote the role and importance of Aboriginal Community Controlled Health organisations within government and the community.
- Advocate for and represent the interests of Danila Dilba locally and nationally.
- Conduct all activities in a manner consistent with Occupational Health, Safety and Welfare guidelines;
- Undertake any other duties at the request of the Practice Manager which are considered relevant to the position and the level of classification for the position.
- Represent Danila Dilba at meetings, seminars, conferences and functions as appropriate
Click Apply Now to submit your application. To be considered all applications must include:
- Cover Letter addressing the Selection Criteria, and
- Current Resume (CV)
If you experience any issues please contact email@example.com, using the subject line: General Practitioner enquiry via EthicalJobs.
A position description is attached.