Looking to contribute to developing a Peer Movement of people with disability?
- Part-time (4 days per week), fixed term contract until August 2022
- Remuneration: SCHADS Level 5, Pay Point 1 plus super and leave loading.
- People with disability are encouraged to apply
- Flexible work environment and practices
- Position location: Fairfield (with work from home arrangements as necessary during the COVID-19 pandemic)
We are looking for a highly motivated, creative and skilled person committed to the rights of people with disability. This exciting new position sees you working alongside people with disability from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds to utilise their expertise to build the peer movement through peer mentoring.
We strongly encourage people with disability from CALD backgrounds to apply. Diversity and Disability Alliance (DDAlliance) is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. This means that if two applicants demonstrate equal merit, and one is a person with disability from CALD background, we will employ that person.
About the organisation:
Diversity and Disability Alliance (DDAlliance) is a user-led disability support organisation, run by and for people with disability from diverse backgrounds with the support of families and allies. We assist people to live the lives they choose. We are an independent, collective voice committed to diversity and full inclusion.
- Work collaboratively with staff, peer facilitators and peer mentors to deliver project outcomes.
- Support peers to reach and work with other people with disability, families, allies and communities.
- Support peer facilitators and peer mentors in the preparation and the delivery of peer events, training sessions, and one-on-one peer mentoring sessions.
- Undertake logistics in relation to promoting and organising peer events.
- Provide administrative support to peer facilitators and peer mentors including record management and documentation.
- Undertake accurate and timely project documentation including recognising, capturing and recording project processes and achievements.
- Participate in relevant team building exercises, professional development opportunities and quality improvement processes.
- Support DDAlliance to develop and maintain effective relationships with community groups, and key stakeholders to ensure successful project delivery
- Any other duties in line with the philosophy and objectives of DDAlliance as directed by the Project Coordinator and Board.
Selection Criteria – Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role, the ideal candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
- A commitment to peer support and to the principle of “Nothing about us, without us”
- Experience in working alongside people with disability
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Proven ability to manage a broad range of activities and respond to specific issues within a short period of time
- Experience in using presentation software, data entry, data management and reporting
- Lived experience of disability
- Ability to speak a language other than English
For further information please contact Ace via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Project Support Officer enquiry via EthicalJobs or on 0434 354 114.
A position description is attached.