Disability Advocacy Service, Inc. is currently recruiting the position of Chief Executive Officer.
We are looking for someone with a Tertiary Qualification who is passionate about the rights of people with disability.
Disability Advocacy Services (DAS) is a community based and Incorporated Association to provide advocacy and support services to people with disabilities in Alice Springs and the Barkly regions.
DAS operates from a best practice and client focused model. As a not-for-profit incorporated community organisation, DAS offers a free, confidential advocacy service to persons and families with a disability, supporting and empowering clients to exercise their own rights in accordance with the NT Disability Advocacy Standards.
- A demonstrated commitment to social justice principles, and an awareness of issues relevant to people with a disability, carers, and their families.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications or extensive experience in community development, human resource management, project management, social work or disability service work.
- Experience working in a multi-cultural environment and an understanding of the impacts of Australia’s history of colonisation.
- Analytical and communication skills and the ability to develop and implement strategies and policy.
- Experience in managing and developing the operations of a service-driven organisation including working with a Board of Management, strategic planning, financial management, staff management and development, reporting and acquittal to funders.
- Extensive experience in case management, advocacy and a thorough understanding of duty of care responsibilities and procedures.
- Extensive liaison experience with government departments, non-government organisations and members of the community. Skills in establishing and maintaining networks.
- Well-developed writing and computer skills including the ability to master data collection systems, maintain client related documentation and produce timely good quality internal and external reports
- Current Working with Children Check (Ochre Card)
- Current acceptable Criminal History Check (less than 6 months old)
- Willingness to undergo National Child Protection Check (if required by Territory Families)
- Experience in working with peak bodies and other national organisations.
- Negotiation and Mediation skills.
- Experience in advocacy, lobbying and media liaison
- Lived experience of Disability
- Current driver’s licence
You will be responsible for managing the Day to Day activities of the service supporting Self-Advocacy and Systemic Advocacy. These responsibilities include:
- The CEO has direct responsibility for supporting advocacy for Individual and groups.
- Manage the day to day operations of the service and integrate all program areas of the service.
- Abide by the goals, philosophies, constitutions, policies and procedures of the service.
- Inform, work with, and implement the decisions of the Board of Management;
- Oversee comprehensive individual and systematic advocacy by working with staff and in partnership with other stakeholders.
- Ensure that all client and organisational data collection duties are maintained at the highest standard.
- Work towards above the standards above those set by the government.
- Represent the organisation in the public discourse with people with a disability and their families.
For further information about the role position description is attached.
Please contact the DAS office located at Shop 4/54 Reg Harris Lane or via email to email@example.com, using the subject line: Chief Executive Officer - Alice Springs enquiry via EthicalJobs or by phoning 08 8953 1422
To Discuss the role, or if you have any additional questions, please contact Janet Wright on 0439 458 150.