A wonderful opportunity exists to assist people with disability and join an award-winning Advocacy Service!
We are a rights-based community-oriented advocacy and support service for people with disability, their carers and family.
We are looking for a compassionate person who is interested in Advocating on behalf of people with disability their family or carers
People with lived experience of disability are encouraged to apply.
- Hold tertiary qualifications, relevant to the position which may include: Disability or Health related studies, Social work or Educational qualifications. OR
- Significant experience in the field of disability, human rights, or social justice sectors will be considered.
- Experience in a training environment with an ability to deliver training modules in support of people with disabilities and their carers
- Well-developed communication skills, including the ability to successfully negotiate with, and influence, diverse groups and to communicate complex issues in plain language effectively
- Sound knowledge of legislation relevant to supporting / advocating for people with disabilities. For example, the Disability Discrimination Act 1992 and N.T. Disability Service Standards.
- Experience working with persons with disability, or experience of disability.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; and sound organisational, planning and time management skills.
For further information please call Disability Advocacy Service on (08) 8953 1422.
A position description is attached.