- Responsible to: CEO Disability Advocacy Service Inc.
- Employment Award: Social Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010 (NT)
- Salary: Pay Point 2
- Employment Conditions: Part time 15 hours per week
- Lived Experience of Disability or Family or Carer
- Pro-rata of five (5) weeks recreation leave per annum
- Pro-rata of 10 days’ Personal leave per annum – accumulative
- Standard six-month probationary period applies.
- Knowledge either learned or lived experience of the Disability Sector.
- Position is directly responsible to the CEO of DAS.
Disability Advocacy Services (DAS) is a community based and Incorporated Association to provide advocacy and support services to people with disabilities in Alice Springs and the Barkly regions.
DAS operates from a best practice and client focused model. As a not-for-profit incorporated community organisation, DAS offers a free, confidential advocacy service to persons and families with a disability, supporting and empowering clients to exercise their own rights in accordance with the NT Disability Advocacy Standards.
Provide administrative, operational and information support services, while exercising initiative in ensuring administrative processes and procedures are adhered to; including the collection and recording of required statistical data, for example: Ivo Database. In addition completing all tasks set by the CEO in a timely fashion.
- Provide competent administrative support to the Manager/ Advocate and undertake day to day management of all administrative activities relevant to the position.
- Provide telephone and face to face client service that includes receiving and screening of all contacts to effectively refer to relevant others; provide client assistance as directed.
- Provide support and input to assist the development of Information Technology Systems.
- Management of current record keeping systems including the membership register, petty cash and invoicing.
- Maintenance of office supplies, information technology and office equipment; updating of DAS asset register.
- Providing operational and information for day to day client support.
- Management of DAS Website, Facebook and other social media uploads
- Proven skills and / or experience in a wide range of computer applications, word processing, data and office management systems.
- Demonstrated ability to manage time lines, prioritise tasks and work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to identify and apply confidentiality and privacy principles in the workplace
- Possess effective interpersonal / communication skills, work independently and within a team situation to contribute to the core business of DAS.
- Current National Criminal History Check (less than 6 months old)
- Current Working with Children Check (Ochre Card)
- Current NT Driver’s License
- Senior First Aid
The selected applicant will be required to undergo a criminal history check at the expense of the organisation.
Please identify a minimum of two referees that can comment on your knowledge and skills relevant to this position including a recent Manager or employer.
DAS are an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from people with disability. We also respect the Traditional owners on the land we deliver services and encourage applications from persons who identify as Indigenous.
email@example.com using the subject line: Administration/Reception Officer enquiry via EthicalJobs or 08 8953 1422 for additional information.