Darebin City Council’s Aged and Disability Department are currently hiring caring individuals to join our Community Support Worker casual pool.
About the role:
You will provide support to our clients in their homes within the Darebin community. By providing reablement, you will be a key contributor in ensuring your clients can continue to live at home and participate in the community.
The support our Community Support Workers provide include:
- General home care (cleaning tasks).
- Personal care.
- Shopping support.
- Traveling in your private vehicle to transport clients as required.
To be successful, you will have the below skills, qualities and experience:
- A genuine empathy for older adults and an understanding of person-centred care.
- A positive attitude and exceptional communication skills.
- Experience working with older people and/or people with disabilities.
- Strong organisation skills
- The confidence to work autonomously, with a self-starter and positive attitude.
- The willingness to adapt to changing priorities.
- Confident using digital devices including smart phones.
In addition, you must meet the below requirements:
- Be available to work at least four to five days per week (Monday to Friday), for a minimum 6-hour shift between the hours of 7.30am and 7.30pm.
- Completed a Certificate III in Individual Support (formally HACC or Aged Care).
- Hold a current Level 2 First Aid Certificate.
- Have a current Working with Children’s Check Card (WWCC).
- A current Victorian driver’s licence.
- Have your own private vehicle, suitable for work use, including transporting clients with mobility aids.
Benefits of joining:
- Receive excellent work/life balance.
- Future career progression opportunities.
- Training and professional development.
- Opportunity to join Darebin’s social club and attend a range of social activities.
- Opportunity to be part of Darebin’s comprehensive health and wellbeing programs, such as access to physio, yoga and fitness classes.
For more information about this position, please contact our Community Support Team Leaders on 03 8470 8622.