Who we are:
The Communications Workers Union (CWU) is the Communications Division of the Communications Electrical Plumbing Union (CEPU)
Main Responsibilities of the Role:
The role will provide professional and efficient administration of the membership, and small office. This includes payroll function, accounts payable and receivable, answering phone, membership communications via email/sms.
You will need competency in:
- Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, Outlook
- Basic web administration
- Social media administration
- Microsoft Publisher or similar
- Relevant experience in providing a broad range of administration and office support.
- Proven experience in coordinating office activities on a day to day basis, with well developed interpersonal skills.
- Book keeping and maintenance of financial records, using MYOB.
- Preparation of regular financial reports.
- Invoicing and debtor/creditor reconciliations
- Preparation and monitoring of budgets and cash flow forecasting.
- Preparation and reconciliation of Superannuation lodgement.
- Preparation and reconciliation of PAYG, IAS, BAS.
- Collate information to send to external accountant for preparation of yearly audit.
- General Ledger to trial balance.
- Payroll, using MYOB.
- Yearly insurance renewals and claims.
- Maintain employee records.
- Office management - systems contracts/purchase of supplies.
This is a part-time position working 4 days a week based in Carlton South, close to Melbourne Central or Parliament station.
Salary will be $50k plus superannuation and other benefits.
You must be a permanent resident of Australia.