About the role
An established not-for-profit organisation focused on climate and energy communications is currently accepting applications for the role of Digital Engagement Specialist, Australia.
This role is responsible for designing and implementing an Australian digital strategy. The successful candidate will use social and digital media to achieve strategic communications objectives, building and sustaining engagement with key audiences, overseeing social media channels, produce and upload content across digital channels, conducting reporting on the performance of digital content, and coordinating with digital campaigning colleagues internationally.
Situated in an international team of communications professionals, this role would suit an independent self-starter with strong instincts, great writing skills, an understanding of the Australian digital landscape and a passion for creating change in a challenging environment.
This role forms part of a team that values both high professional standards and collegiality, driven by a vision to affect positive change. You can expect plenty of space to develop yourself and your ideas and enjoy flexible working conditions. More information on the role and hiring organisation will be shared with candidates selected for interview.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion and strive to reflect Australia’s racial, cultural and gender diversity. We strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from other historically disadvantaged or marginalised groups to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities
As Digital Engagement Specialist, Australia, you will be responsible for:
- Undertake analysis of the landscape and develop a digital strategy in consultation with stakeholders.
- Develop a strategy that allows the organisation to meet its digital objectives.
- Develop plans and schedules for integrated digital media campaigns.
- Use online advertising tools such as Google Adwords, Facebook Ads, Twitter Ads and LinkedIn ads to drive and deepen engagement for target audiences and decision makers.
- Conduct content testing to determine which messages drive engagement.
- Use social listening tools such as Talkwalker to measure effectiveness and identify opportunities.
Content sourcing and creation
- Create, source, and publish written and visual content to drive engagement and participation with target audiences, and meet other communication needs.
- Assist and advise campaign partners on digital marketing activities.
Social listening and analysis
- Undertake social listening and data analysis on behalf of the campaign.
- Suggest messaging recommendations based on the outcomes of this research.
- At least 2 years of professional experience working in communication or marketing.
- Knowledge of digital tools to engage key audiences.
- Graphic design, video and writing skills.
- Website creation and SEO skills.
- Willingness to learn.
- A team player and a natural collaborator with high levels of self-motivation and a passion for excellence.
- Willingness and ability to travel and work unusual hours from time to time, due to challenges of being part of a global team.
- The disposition to work generously with colleagues in a high-trust global community of peers.
- The versatile and adaptable skills necessary to flourish in a fast-paced and wide-ranging work environment and work across phone/video conferencing, time zones, etc.
- A commitment to an inclusive and empowering approach to climate and energy issues.
What we can offer you
- A full-time position, with a 12-months fixed term consultancy contract and potential for renewal thereafter.
- The unique opportunity to work as part of a highly dynamic, international group of individuals who combine their passion to make a difference with ambition and a rigorous and results-oriented approach to work.
- A flexible work environment and the space to shape and continuously develop your role.
- Competitive remuneration.
Australia (home based and/or co-working)- some national and international travel will be required. Candidates need to be permitted to work in Australia.
As soon as possible.