- Key strategic role, working with the leading brain cancer organisation in Australia
- Employment Type: Full time, permanent with flexible work arrangement
- Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
CURE BRAIN CANCER FOUNDATION
Cure Brain Cancer Foundation is the leading organisation for awareness, research, and advocacy in Australia. People with brain cancer are at the centre of everything we do. Our mission is to unite our community to increase brain cancer survival and quality of life.
This role is key in overseeing the Foundation’s operational and procedural agenda, including strategic oversight of key campaigns, mission-related activities and opportunities for growth.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Strategic Direction and Growth
- Work with the CEO and Board where appropriate to develop and/or revise the Foundation’s strategic operational and financial plans
- Provide strategic recommendations to the CEO, including but not limited to, key strategic priorities, investment policy, budgeting and forecasting etc.
- Work with key stakeholders to develop a strategic growth plan and drive increases in revenue to ultimately increase the output of mission-related activities
- Accomplish operational strategies by determining accountabilities; communicating and enforcing values, policies and procedures; implementing recruitment, selection, orientation, training, coaching, counselling, disciplinary and communication programs; and planning and reviewing compensation strategies
- Develop the operational well-being of the Foundation by providing operational structure and guidance, preparing growth plans, and directing staff
- Work with the CEO and senior-level management to organise timely documentation for board meetings
- Risk management of all major campaigns and conduct due diligence for major external communications and key messaging to protect the Foundation’s integrity and reputation
- Work closely with Director, Research & Investments to oversee the Foundation’s research and investment strategy, including economic returns for the Clinical Accelerator program
- Ensure that internal controls are effective and appropriate record systems are maintained in accordance with the Foundation’s policies
- Manage external human resources service where appropriate to deal with large scale or complex employment issues or projects
- Coordinate with staff, CEO and Board to determine any recruitment needs that require action, and subsequently facilitate and oversee the onboarding process of new recruits
- Ensure that material contracts do not expose the Foundation to unacceptable risks. This applies to new contracts and agreements subject to renewal
- Oversee the performance management process, including review of key performance indicators for internal staff
- Maintain external IT service and organise IT-related procedures, processes and administration
- Engage members of the senior management team to facilitate cross-Foundation collaboration and communication that ensures that all individuals support the Foundation’s key priorities and strategic objectives
- Establish policies and procedures that promote the Foundation’s culture and vision through its operations to enhance teamwork, improve brand awareness and fundraising efforts
- Underscore a culture that aligns to the Foundation’s Code of Conduct and values
- High-level stakeholder management, including pro-bono legal services, potential corporate funding partners and like-minded organisations.
- Work closely with the Director, Finance and Accounting to oversee the overall financial performance of the Foundation in accordance with the agreed annual budget and financial plans
- Manage and oversee the use of procedures that facilitate transparency, accountability and probity
TO WORK AT THE FOUNDATION, YOU WILL
- Be eligible to work in Australia and other regions where you will be based
- Undergo background check including criminal records and qualifications check
- Undergo working with children check for positions that are identified as working with children.
A position description is attached.