CUFA is a small development agency with a focus on promoting financial inclusion and increasing financial literacy and improving economic livelihoods. CUFA has been developing community access to affordable financial services in the Asia Pacific region for nearly 50 years, working cooperatively at grass-roots through to government levels, building capacity in emerging financial cooperative movements to create sustainability, improve lives, and relieve poverty. Cufa also has a domestic program providing community (institutional and individual) loans throughout Australia.
CUFA has a full-time entry-level Marketing and Communications Officer role available to work from our Sydney office. The position will ideally suit an energetic and driven individual with a passion for the international development and the community sector who has some experience in marketing and social media.
Responsibilities involve creating and implementing external and internal marketing materials as well as managing our social media activities and along with other electronic and printed communication materials.
- Meeting and exceeding agreed upon deadlines and targets
- Working in close collaboration with CUFA’s graphic designer to create marketing collateral and reports
- Initiating and implementing integrated marketing campaigns that include print, online, multimedia, and events.
- Growing CUFA’s constituency through innovative campaigns
- Coordinating and running fundraising and donor engagement campaigns throughout the year
- Devising creative comms campaigns to attract the attention of potential donors and retain the support of existing donors.
- Managing all CUFA communications including the monthly e-Newsletter and Donation Appeals targeted to individuals.
- Chief Executive Officer
- Country Program Managers
- Funding partners
- Can-do attitude, a hunger for work and learning new skills
- Empathetic to, and passionate about, assisting those in need in the Asia Pacific region
- Entrepreneurial in spirit and behaviour
- Flexible, driven and energetic work ethic
- Tertiary qualifications in marketing, international development, or a similar discipline
- Ability to independently solve problems and challenges through creative solutions and innovative implementation
- Capacity to work collaboratively with colleagues from a range of cultural backgrounds
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
A full position description is available below.