About the role
Based in the Inner West, On the Line is a professional social health organisation that delivers outsourced telephone and digital counselling solutions on behalf of our funders.
On the Line specialises in supporting client groups along the mental health continuum: from those who are high risk and have complex mental and social health needs to the worried well, through to integrated physical, mental and social wellbeing.
This is an ideal time to join On the Line as we are undergoing a significant transformation that will allow our counsellors to reach more of the community. Successful candidates will be enthusiastic, have high adaptability to change and have established self-care practices.
This is a part-time (minimum 24 hours per week) position on fixed-term 8 January 2022. Successful applicants must be prepared to work overnights only (11PM - 7AM)
To be considered for this role, you must have:
- Tertiary degree or Tertiary degree min 3 years plus a post-graduate degree/diploma in a relevant discipline
- Minimum of 456 hours of professional clinical counselling contact experience which may include placement experience if deemed relevant
- A high level of resilience to work in an environment that is exposed to a number of high-risk calls that could include clients demonstrating the following presentations of suicide, domestic/family violence, anxiety, depression.
- Ability to work in a high-performing culture, including the ability to demonstrate a high level of counselling within a set timeframes and KPIs
- Knowledge of and experience in crisis counselling and suicide prevention is essential
- The ability to work a roster that includes overnights (11PM - 7AM) across the week and weekends (where required)
- An enthusiastic and positive nature that can work collaboratively in a team environment
- Awareness of and engage in good self-care practices
- Commitment to professional development and openness to feedback and coaching
- Previous telephone counsellor or call centre experience (highly desirable)
- High level of computer literacy with the ability to pick up new programs and systems quickly
- Current Working with Children Check (or willing to apply for one prior to commencement)
- Current Police Check (no more than 6 months old) (or willing to apply for one prior to commencement)
*Note: tertiary degree is Bachelor level, and a relevant discipline is Psychology, Social Work, Counselling, Social Science or Welfare Studies
Salary and benefits
- Level 1 (On the Line Agreement 2016) $41.89 base rate (plus superannuation)
- 5 weeks annual leave with annual leave loading (pro rata for part time employees) for employees who work shift work (overnights)
- Access to reflective practice, debriefing, and EAP
- Salary Packaging
- Close to public transport
Please find as position description via this link