We are on a mission to find Queensland’s best Specialist Support Coordinator!
If you are looking for a role that creates meaningful and positive change in the lives of people with disability, while maintaining your work-life balance - look no further!
What sort of person are we looking for?
We are looking for someone with a high degree of emotional intelligence and empathy. A creative thinker. A “doer” who is flexible in their approach and who thrives on a challenge.
You will have enough passion for supporting people with disability to enable you to stay motivated when faced with the systemic challenges the systems we work within inevitably present.
You should be naturally resilient with an innate self-awareness which helps you maintain your own mental health when continually working with Participants and families who have a history of trauma and may be in crisis mode.
You should be the type of person who understands that colouring outside of the lines is sometimes the best approach and you will need to be comfortable operating in the grey… rather than the black and white space.
You will be happier working WITH people rather than doing FOR them and you will be energized by the work you do.
You will embrace the opportunity to build the practice, skills and knowledge of our support coordination team while simultaneously always looking to learn and grow your own skills and knowledge.
Who is CSBS?
Community Services Bespoke Solutions exists to support people with disability to live an independent life on their terms. Everything we do is focused on working alongside Participants to develop their capability and independence and become the director of their own life; make their own decisions, speak up about what they want, and how they want their supports and services delivered – to live the life they choose.
Where is this role based?
This is a full-time role, with flexible hours and an immediate start available. You will be based at our office in Murarrie, however travel is required to both the Gold and Sunshine Coasts.
You will be an integral part of a passionate and dedicated team, working together to provide the highest possible level of service to the people who choose us to support them.
About the role
Our Specialist Support Coordinator will work directly and collaboratively with NDIS Participants to design and deliver multi-disciplinary individualised supports, building connections and relationships which will enable them to be the directors of their life as they implement their NDIS Plan.
Our Specialist Support Coordinator will:
- Provide practice development and mentoring opportunities to other Support Coordinators and team members.
- Provide high-level coordination and implementation of multi-disciplinary supports within a Participant’s NDIS plan, supporting a Participant to engage the supports the way they want them.
- Provide supports to navigate the complexity of the NDIA and the NDIS
- Work collaboratively and resourcefully with Participants to design an individualised plan
- Develop and strengthen a Participant’s network of providers and ensure services are tailored to meet their individual support requirements.
- In collaboration with the Participant, negotiate services and service agreements; arrange assessments and reports; determine appropriate support funding and budgets.
- Provide support to Participants with understanding the NDIS, plan implementation, reporting, plan reviews.
- Maintain accurate records and regular communication with Participants and stakeholders ensuring successful progress towards life outcomes and plan goals.
- Support the Operations Manager and have the opportunity to backfill this role when required to cover annual leave.
- Work collaboratively with CSBS colleagues and the Participants stakeholders, to foster positive relationships; to engage in opportunities of shared learning and skill development; and to build strong networks within the Support Coordination Community of Practice.
We would like you to demonstrate/possess:
- A relevant qualification in an Allied Health Profession, (eg; Occupational Therapy, Psychology or Social Work), along with recent or current experience as a practitioner in a related field.
- Membership of a Professional Regulatory body (e.g. AHPRA or AASW).
- Demonstrated knowledge of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS), legislation and requirements.
- Minimum of five years’ experience within the disability sector or associated health or human welfare sectors, including complex case management.
- Experience providing personalised support to people with complex needs.
Standout skills and values:
- Values aligned with ensuring Participants and Nominees are supported to live the lives they choose and engage supports the way they want them.
- Compassion, understanding and patience whilst being solution focused as you interact and network with service providers, to ensure great outcomes for Participants.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport and develop and maintain strong relationships as you deal with issues of a sensitive nature.
- Demonstrated ability in written and verbal communication to ensure clear and concise information is presented to all internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated high level organisational skills and the ability to maintain accurate Participant information and files.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills to successfully identify problems, develop solutions, and implement these using a logical and systematic approach.
- Relevant legislative personal history probity checks, including Yellow Card and Blue Card Positive Notices, or the ability to gain and maintain these.
- Demonstrated intermediate ability to use Microsoft Office software, Client Management systems and the willingness to learn new systems and technology.
- An Open Driver’s Licence and reliable vehicle.
- The ability and willingness to travel within the Brisbane, Gold Coast & Sunshine Coast regions.
As one of the CSBS team, we would ask for your commitment to our values-based organisation and, as our representative, anticipate you will exercise a level of diligence, accountability and professionalism that reflects the reputation and standing of the company.
For further information, please contact Tracey Healey on 0491 233 678.
Find more information by visiting us at www.csbs.com.au.