- Permanent Full Time - 38 hours a week
- Childcare Kitchenhand position
The Crèche and Kindergarten Association Limited (C&K) is a not-for-profit early childhood provider with more than 350 early childhood education and care services located across Queensland. C&K acknowledges that each child and family have unique early education and care requirements and so we provide a range of different programs including childcare, kindergarten, limited hours and outside school hours' care.
About the role:
C&K Kedron Childcare Centre has a position for an experienced kitchenhand to work within their Childcare Centre. C&K are looking for someone ideally with experience in the Early Childhood sector or relevant experience in preparing meals and snacks for large numbers. Ideally, you will have experience and a well-developed understanding of children's nutritional and dietary requirements.
- Assist in preparing all meals and snacks as directed and planned
- Ensure that all kitchen equipment is clean and stored correctly
- Wash, clean and store all cooking equipment
- Removal of rubbish/food scraps
- Assist in the planning of weekly meals
- Completing daily reports and kitchen checks when required
- Maintain direct and open communication to all staff
- Assist in the preparation of materials for children's' cooking activities when required
- Keeping up to date with food preparation policies/practices and hygiene requirements
Ideal applicants will have:
- Relevant qualification in food handling is desirable
- Previous experience as an educator/kitchenhand within a childcare Centre desirable but not essential
- Knowledge of relevant regulations in relation to food hygiene standards and workplace safety
- A proven ability to manage the kitchen environment in a safe and responsible manner
- An ability to work independently as well as an effective team member
- Well-developed understanding of children's nutritional and dietary requirements
- Must be willing to ensure the individual needs of the children are catered for in collaboration with their families, the Director and the Manager
As a Kitchenhand at the centre, you will be given training and support to assist you with your onboarding. As well as;
- Beautiful natural working and learning environments
- Extra hours as an educator if you are qualified or studying towards ECEC
- Work for one of Queensland's leading early education not-for-profit providers
- Career progression opportunities
- C&K pays for our permanent staff to have a paid blue card and renewals
- Build your networks through C&K in the Early Childhood sector
- Feel connected through regular C&K updates, use of online systems, access to policies and procedures and online learning
- Feeling connected through your community
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Access to study through our C&K College
- Salary packaging options & above award wage
- Priority access for your children's care to C&K childcare and Kindergarten services
C&K is proud to be the largest and longest established provider of community-based early childhood education and care services in Queensland. Working at C&K you will have access to many benefits including, but not limited to, above-award wages, salary packaging options, priority access to C&K childcare and kindergarten centres and access to study through our C&K College. C&K is committed to an inclusive workforce and we strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
All C&K employees are required to undergo background checks which include police checks.
Please note the advertising closing date is indicative only. C&K reserve the right to close the advertisement before this date is reached. Therefore, it is encouraged that you submit your application as soon as possible.