CREATE Foundation is the peak consumer body representing the voices of children and young people in the out-of-home care sector to advocate for change to improve the system.
CREATE is seeking a State Coordinator for our ACT Canberra office. We are looking for an enthusiastic and creative person who has the experience and skills to drive systemic change for children and young people who experience out-of-home care. The successful applicant will have:
- experience in managing a small office and team,
- working with children in out of home care and;
- understand or be able to quickly acquire knowledge and skills to drive a national agenda for positive change in the out of home care system.
We offer great entitlements including:
- Salary Sacrificing,
- flexible working conditions and;
- a supportive work environment.
CREATE offers an additional 3 days Board Leave per annum on top of the 4 weeks annual leave. For other benefits please click on this link https://create.org.au/who-we-are/join-team/employee-benefits/
We are invested in our team and reward and acknowledge our staff achievements with annual Performance Awards and offer extensive personal development opportunities through our Advisory and Planning workshops and mandatory training courses.
Please address the below Selection Criteria robustly after considering the PD and forward along with your Cover Letter, and CV/Resume’
- A high level of understanding of the child protection and / or foster care system, coupled with an ability to critique new legislation and policy.
- Demonstrated skills in systems advocacy, and an in depth understanding of how to effectively advocate for children and young people who are marginalised and/or disadvantaged.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills incorporating a high level of proficiency at report writing and high level of competency in conflict resolution.
- Experience in developing, managing and adhering to budgets, as well as in negotiating funding and service agreements.
- Demonstrated skills in data collection, data analysis and striving to meet and report on KPIs or targets.
- Highly developed leadership skills and ability to motivate, support and manage a multi- disciplinary team. Demonstrated ability to supervise and manage individuals to ensure that organisational goals and contractual KPI’s are met.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and culture, and an understanding of the principles and practices for engaging with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
KEY CRITERIA - ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Must have a current WWCC for the Queensland
- Must have Tertiary qualifications in a relevant field – Degree in Social Work, Business, Behavioural or Social Science, Psychology, Community Development or related discipline
- Must comply with government and / or health directives in each state jurisdiction, and where so indicated be vaccinated for COVID 19.
- And at least minimum of one years’ experience managing in a team environment.
How to Apply
A full job specification and selection criteria (Questions Must be individually answered in a separate document, not in the covering letter) in a can be found on the jobs page of our website at https://create.org.au/join-our-team/.
Interested? Great! Click "Apply Now" to submit your application.
A position description is attached.