CORAZON CENTRE WERRIBEE IS EXPANDING.
We are looking for psychologists and mental health social workers to join our team.
ABOUT OUR ORGANISATION
The Corazon Centre, established on December 8, 2000, is a not-for-profit community organisation and registered charity. Our name, Corazon, means “Heart”. Our vision is to promote mental health services to people, across the lifespan, living within the City of Wyndham, and who are experiencing distress, disadvantage and trauma.
Our organisational culture reflects our values of Hope, Respect, Justice and Excellence. Our commitment to justice impels us to cross boundaries of culture, religion, gender and social class in the delivery of our services. We believe everyone should have access to an affordable psychological and counselling service. We are committed to providing an opportunity for people to work towards achieving their full potential, forming positive relationships and dealings with life’s challenges.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR
We are seeking to expand our services and are looking for a compassionate, non-judgemental, highly motivated and skilled Psychologist (clinical, general, provisional) and/or Mental Health Social Worker to join our growing team. If you are seeking a job where you can make a difference to the vulnerable and diverse members of our community, we invite you to come and join us.
ABOUT YOUR ROLE
- This is a contract position for a minimum of 2 days up to 5 days per week if desired
- Knowledge in different evidence based therapeutic techniques
- Provide individual therapy and/or group therapy in your area of interest/expertise
- Conduct psychological assessments (as required) and develop treatment plans
- Maintain accurate and up to-date client records
- Have full registration with AHPRA
- Hold current Professional Indemnity
- Have an ABN
- Hold a Working with Children Check
- Commitment to the protection of children and vulnerable adults
WHAT WE OFFER
We offer flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance and will structure your day and sessions around your availability and clinical preferences as far as possible.
- Comprehensive administration support. We manage client referrals, triage, diary management and your billings.
- Design your work week around your availability and clinical interests as far as possible.
- Access to a suite of psychometric test material at no cost.
- Opportunities to collaborate with other clinicians and organisations on projects (e.g., NWMPHN, group therapy, EAP, etc.)
- The opportunity to be part of an organisation that values you and provides opportunities for you to prioritise your professional development, wellbeing and self-care.
- Free parking
- Close to public transport
- Good-sized, fully furnished consult rooms
- Spacious and welcoming waiting room for clients
- Wi-Fi access
- Kitchenette equipped with various appliances.
- Access to monthly small group peer supervision
- Access to incidental peer consultation with other clinicians within the practice as needed
- Access to individual clinical supervision with senior clinician if required
- Steady stream of referrals for a range of presentations
- Strong existing professional networks
- Marketing and referral support provided by the administrative team, including social media, website, and digital resources.
- Provision of MS Teams license (for the provision of telehealth).
- No extra hidden expenses from merchant fees and practice-management software.