Connect2Group is a not for profit organisation providing development of people with disability through delivering a personalised and collaborative approach for all aspects of an individual with disability. With over 26 years involvement in the community, Connect2Group has fostered change in disability services. Our services include Disability Employment Services, NDIS School Leaver Employment Support, NDIS Finding and Keeping a Job, Community Access, 24/7 Residential Care, Behavioural Support, Flexible In Home Support, Life Skills Development, Centre Based Activities, NDIS Support Coordination, NDIS Plan Management and back end Corporate Services support to other not for profit organisations.
Connect2Group is seeking an experienced NDIS Support Coordinator for the role of Permanent Full Time Support Coordination Officer. The Support Coordination Officer provides Support Coordination to NDIS participants to achieve their goals by assisting them in implementing supports outlined in their NDIS plan by actively supporting participants to achieve more independence by building on their skills and their ability to access the community. This role is responsible for:
- Understanding a participants NDIS plan and the role of Support Coordination
- Connecting with providers who can best support the participant
- Coordinating and implementing supports
- Coordinating a range of services including but not limited to informal, mainstream, community and funded services and resources
- Completing and managing service agreements, service bookings and ensuring all reporting requirements for the NDIA are completed when they fall due
- Monitoring, evaluating and assessing effectiveness of current supports to ensure participants goals are achieved
- Experience as a NDIS Support Coordinator or Local Area Coordinator
- Sound understanding of the National Disability Insurance Scheme and the Quality and Safeguards Commission
- Highly developed oral and written communication, negotiation and conflict resolution skills with attention to detail
- High level of problem solving skills.
- Ability to relate and build rapport quickly and effectively with stakeholders including but not limited to participants, the NDIA, Queensland Health, other NGOs, Office of Public Guardian and private health services
- Can work autonomously, effectively managing workload by setting priorities and managing time effectively without continual guidance
- Ability to interpret complex legislation and implement practical and workable business solutions
- Proficient use of IT systems and processes including internet and Microsoft, Outlook, Excel and Word
- Current driver’s licence and a willingness to drive
- Have a Positive Notice Blue Card (working with children & young people) and Positive Notice Yellow Card (working with people with disabilities) or the ability to obtain
Benefits of Working with Connect2Group
- Attractive remuneration package and generous salary sacrificing options available to the not-for-profit sector.
- Mobile Phone
- Use of a Connect2Group vehicle during work hours.
If this position sounds like you then click on apply NOW and submit your CV and a cover letter addressing all the requirements of the job in your cover letter.
Please note Connect2Group reserves the right to commence and finalise the recruitment process prior to the closing date listed above so it is imperative you get your application in immediately. Only those applicants short listed for interview will be contacted.