As a Live-In Mentor in our program, you will reside in a property alongside another Mentor/Lead Tenant and one to two young persons.
You will have the privilege of being a positive role model to these young people and share basic living skills such as cooking, budgeting and house maintenance, whilst still maintaining the freedom to engage in your own work or study.
The young people participating in this program are aged between 16-18 years and are seeking to transition into independent living after exiting residential care. The Lead Tenant program seeks to empower young people experiencing disadvantage by giving them the tools and training to continue on to lead healthy, independent lives.
THERE ARE MANY ADVANTAGES AND BENEFITS TO BECOMING A LIVE-IN MENTOR/LEAD TENANT INCLUDING:
- Rent-free living with utilities included
- Access to specialised Live-In Mentor training and more
- Valuable experience working with young people as a mentor
- Opportunity to give back to the community and support young people in need
AS AN OUTSTANDING CANDIDATE, YOU WILL NEED TO DEMONSTRATE YOUR UNIQUE ABILITIES TO:
- Establish positive and meaningful relationships with young people
- Encourage and live out your enthusiasm and engagement in education and/or employment
- Demonstrate excellent social, interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrate and teach living skills such as budgeting, cooking and self-care
- Provide support to young people in the development of their communication skills
IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE TEAM, YOU WILL ALSO NEED TO MEET OUR MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS INCLUDING:
- An ability to live in a share house setting
- Willingness to interact with co-residents
- Be eligible for a Working With Children Check
- Undergo a National & International Police Check
- Engaged in work or study
- Willingness to actively participate and undertake Live-In Mentor training
A position description is attached.
If you have any questions about the role, please get in touch with Emmah Williams on Emmah.Williams@concernaustralia.org.au using the subject line: Live in Mentor - South East (Voluntary) enquiry via EthicalJobs or call (03) 9470 2972.