Compassion Australia has set an ambitious three-year strategy, to respond to the challenges that the COVID-19 pandemic has brought to those living in poverty. Achieving this strategy asks for new and innovative ways to form partnerships and we are seeking the right leader to take this work forward with excellence. This role is a critical leadership position for Compassion Australia to pursue a bold strategy to catalyse exponential growth in the number of children and youth released from poverty. This growth hinges on Compassion Australia’s ability to uncover, understand, and serve with excellence different and evolving needs across a variety of neighbour groups.
About the Role
They key responsibilities for this role include:
- Leads Compassion’s insights engine that provides an ongoing, contextual source of neighbour, market and ministry insight curated to inspire and catalyse transformational growth.
- Provides high-level direction and leadership to a team of reporting researchers who manage research projects that process both qualitative and quantitative data
- Leads strategic research to support innovation and brand experiences, anticipates future growth opportunities through trend forecasting, and creates systems to generate ongoing business intelligence
- Collaborates with multiple teams to advance the relevance and speed of actionable insight generation
- Plays a leadership role in the organisation, advocating for ever-improving brand experiences to supporters, major givers, and church partners, influencing strategic direction.
- Selects, manages, and develops staff, establishing goals and objectives, coaching and managing performance; and supports continuous learning and development that enhances individual performance and organisational capability.
You will lead, coach, and guide a team of researchers and collaborate closely with a broad network of colleagues, including CAU’s executive and Compassion International’s Global Insights team. We are looking for someone that has:
- 5+ years focused experience designing and executing research studies that identify insights that are acted upon with proven business results. Includes managing people, overseeing large projects and goal setting.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (business, psychology, marketing, or similar).
- Strategic thinker and leader with a proven ability to guide and direct teams towards organisational goals and objectives.
- Exemplary qualitative and quantitative data analysis and project management skills.
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in assessing large volumes of data to inform trends and strategic direction.
- Essential skills: Leadership, strategic thinking, goal and agenda setting, project management, cross-departmental collaboration, flexibility and agility, and analytics.
The successful candidate will be strongly aligned to the values of this leading Christian not-for-profit organisation and be looking for a role where you can use your exceptional talent to make a real difference. To find out more, click "Apply Now" to download the information pack or reach out to our People and Culture Team at firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Neighbour Insights Lead enquiry via EthicalJobs for an initial chat.
At the heart of Compassion’s ministry is a relentless passion to act on our faith and empower every child left vulnerable by poverty. Our work is Christ-centred, child focused, and church based.