Compassion Australia has set an ambitious three-year strategy, to respond to the challenges that the COVID-19 pandemic has brought to those living in poverty. Working for Compassion Australia is more than just doing a job, you’ll be using your passion and skills to support children living in poverty all over the world.
In this key role the Business Analyst (Workflow) is responsible for managing the priorities of the Technology Enablement Team (TET) team in accordance with the desired outcomes of the wider organisation. As such they will schedule the work of TET Developers, TET Operations and TET Reporting and Data projects accordingly and drive accountability for process and timeliness of delivery.
About the Role
They key responsibilities for this role include:
- Work with other Departments through work requests to understand requirements and priorities.
- Prioritise and triage work requests from stakeholders by undertaking preliminary assessments of the requests based on business need and value
- Provide guidance and direction to members of TET regarding priorities across different levels of project and maintenance tasks.
- Evaluation and mapping of processes, pro-actively anticipating requirements, identifying areas for business improvement, developing and implementing solutions coupled with the ability to create and write relevant technical documentation.
- Aid in the definition of project scope, objectives, requirements, dependencies, and technical feasibility. Involve all relevant stakeholders to ensure alignment with strategic goals and vendor managed solutions to ensure delivery of ministry value.
- Engage appropriate areas of TET/contractors/partners to design a solution including requirements gathering, documentation and estimation of delivery.
- Effectively communicate with project team members and relevant stakeholders to ensure understanding of project scope, project deadlines, project integrations, activity assignment and ensure deliverables are met.
- Report on progress of work and empower teams to set and meet required timelines and budgets.
- Design and manage quality assurance reviews against solutions delivered throughout projects.
- Uphold project co-ordination standards and practices including scheduling, communication, documentation and meetings.
We are looking for someone that has:
- Highly Developed understanding of project management concepts
- Highly Developed verbal and written communication skills in order to translate technical concepts for non-technical staff
- Ability to quickly learn new IT services and concepts
- Ability to effectively manage time, problem solve and prioritise under pressure
- Ability to influence and indirectly lead teams to meet required outcomes by using analytic skills
- Diploma in project/workflow management or equivalent experience
- Basic experience Co-ordinating and delivering projects in an agile methodology.
- Experience working with a technology team (IT, Design or otherwise).
- Substantial experience managing competing priorities and managing stakeholder expectations
- Substantial experience in providing ‘outside the box’ thinking to provide solutions
- Substantial Experience in leading a team of peers to meet process standards and delivery timeframes
- Bachelor in Business Information Systems, Information Technology or other relevant degree (desirable)
The successful candidate will be strongly aligned to the values of this leading Christian not-for-profit organisation and be looking for a role where you can use your exceptional talent to make a real difference.
We want to hear from you! To find out more, click "Apply Now" to download the information pack or reach out to our People and Culture team at firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Business Analyst (Workflow) enquiry via EthicalJobs, if you have any questions.