Compass Studio is looking for a passionate Senior Public Relations Executive who is interested in joining our PR campaigns working across our purpose-led brand portfolio.
What we’re looking for:
- 2-3+ years in public relations or communications, preferably at an agency
- Excellent and concise verbal and written communication skills
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the Australian media landscape, with the relationships to match
- Proactive and growth mindset, with a focus on attention to detail
- Passionate about sustainability and the purpose-led business space
- Solid interest to learn and has the confidence to make a lasting impact for our clients
- Experience beyond ‘traditional’ media relations in influencer & content management
The ideal candidate will be someone who has hustle, a can-do attitude and is both proactive and solutions-focused. We want to work with someone who is switched-on, efficient, keen to learn and wants to grow as a PR specialist.
This role presents an incredible opportunity to work directly with our PR team in an environment that is both nurturing and autonomous.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Competently conduct all aspects of media liaison daily across print, online, TV, radio and podcasts.
- Distribute press releases, pitches and conduct media follow-up in a way that allows Compass to garner maximum levels of media coverage.
- Support the needs of Compass’ Senior PR Account Manager & PR Director as required.
- Implement PR strategies on behalf of Compass’ client portfolio.
- Engage and foster strong relationships with the Australian media landscape on behalf of Compass Studio.
- Effectively, concept, draft and revise high-quality press releases for Compass’ client portfolio.
- Manage the Compass Studio Streem account, which includes; Adding/removing clients, crediting irrelevant coverage and sending coverage through to clients.
- Produce compelling monthly reports for all PR clients.
- Produce weekly updates each Friday for all PR clients.
- Attend client meetings and assist with note-taking and sending post-meeting action points.
- Manage the Compass Studio media list, which includes; Adding new contacts, updating outdated/irrelevant contacts, sourcing new contacts.
- Offer support to the wider team on an ad-hoc basis where needed.
- Day-to-day reporting to Company Directors and Senior Account Manager.
- Assist with facilitating any launches/events/activations as required.
- We Offer:
- The opportunity to work with globally recognised brands leading the purpose-led space.
- Knowledge of the ever-evolving Australian media landscape and networking opportunities.
- Opportunity to experience the dynamic of a fast-paced agency office environment.
- A supportive and creative learning environment for you to develop your career.
- Remote working, summer hours, never work on your birthday, paid community/volunteer days and Pro-bono work.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- A can-do person who is positive, energetic and solutions focussed
- Must be able to travel to our office in Manly, on Sydney’s Northern Beaches on Monday’s
- Genuine interest in Public Relations, Digital, and the media
- Enjoys keeping up to date with current affairs and is well-versed in news and popular culture
- Consumes all types of media on a daily basis; online, print, podcasts, pop culture, and independent media
- Excellent writing, communication and email skills
WHO ARE WE?
Compass is a boutique Marketing and PR consultancy that is trying to do things differently. We only work with brands we love, we value the lifestyle that allows us to be passionate about those brands and ultimately, we want to do good work for brands that do good in the world.
Specialising in conscious brands, we represent a host of environmentally sustainable, ethically-conscious and all round’ awesome brands.
We want people who love our brands, who are natural advocates and who will go above and beyond to ensure that our clients get the best possible results in the market.
In return, we offer nimble working conditions, the ability to take ownership of your role within the business and its direction, and the ability to join a company that truly values the contribution that we as marketers, can make to the world.