- Permanent Full-Time opportunity
- Join a close-knit, supportive team
- Enjoy Salary Packaging Benefits - pay less tax!
Community Solutions Group makes a difference in people’s lives - supporting them to achieve their goals and working with them on their pathway to possibilities. We deliver a broad range of services focused on the employment, education, wellbeing and independence of individuals, families and communities across Queensland, Victoria and South Australia.
Community Solutions are part of Endeavour Foundation - one of the largest not-for-profit organisations in the country. Collectively, we are a leading ‘for-purpose’ provider of a diverse and synergistic range of health and human services.
What can we offer you?
- An attractive remuneration package, including Salary Packaging - save up to $15,900 per year tax free!
- In addition to your tax-free benefit, you can also use up to $2,650 of your pre-tax income to pay for entertainment expenses (meals, holiday accommodation etc.)
- Corporate Health Insurance plans and discounts with our corporate partners
- An Employee Assistance Program - a free and confidential phone-based counselling service available to all staff and immediate family members
About the Role
In this permanent full-time role you will work closely with the Support Coordination Team Leader and the internal network of Support Coordinators to provide support coordination in accordance with the NDIA Guidelines. This position is crucial within the organisation and is suited to an experienced and highly organised individual who has a passion for helping others.
As a Support Coordinator you will assist participants to achieve their goals by coordinating supports and assisting each participant to exercise full choice and control.
This includes working with participants to:
- Connect with supports and services and exercise choice and control
- Set up supports and services, including helping participants understand service agreements and service bookings
- Review their support arrangements and make changes where necessary and according to participant choice
- Plan in advance for potential crisis situations
- Manage connections with supports and services including asking informed questions of providers if charges or services do not seem correct
- Maintain positive relationships throughout with relevant stakeholders throughout the duration of the Plan
What will you bring to the role?
- Previous experience in community services, disability employment services, mental health services or similar
- Completed tertiary qualifications in Social Work or Community Services is desirable
- Demonstrated knowledge of the NDIS and what it means for participants
- Time management skills to effectively manage workload and meet deadlines
- A high level of interpersonal skills including the ability to develop and maintain relationships within a team, with participants, across service providers, and with various stakeholders
- Demonstrated competence in general computer applications
- Current Blue Card (Working with Children Check) and NDIS Workers Screening Check (or ability to obtain these prior to successful commencement)
- An Australian Driver’s Licence and own vehicle
How can you join Community Solutions Group?
You can register your interest by simply clicking ‘Apply Now’ and you’ll be guided through a short application form.
Additionally, in line with the direction from the State Government, all authorised workers defined under the Queensland Public Health Order will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 from 15 December 2021. Community Solutions Group is currently in consultation regarding mandating COVID-19 vaccination for all other employees.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage applications from people with culturally diverse backgrounds, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with disabilities.
"We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer and we commit to respond to every applicant"