Community Living Association Inc is looking to fill an Outreach Worker position within the ARROS team. ARROS works with young people with a disability who are homeless or at risk of homelessness. This includes young people who are transitioning from care or from youth justice to adulthood. We provide holistic support to people with the aim of providing spaces to live, places to belong and roles for meaning.
The Outreach Worker position is a full time position, on a twelve month contract, with possibility of extension. Remuneration is at a SCHCADS Level 3 (Social and Community Services Pay Scales). There is opportunity to increase your income through inclusion in our salary sacrificing program. The SCHCADS award can be accessed here.
- Proactive outreach to provide direct support to young people who have an intellectual/cognitive disability and are vulnerable in the community.
- Working alongside families, significant others, community members, and service providers who are in contact with or support marginalised young people who have an intellectual/cognitive disability.
- Networking and collaborating with young people, families, significant others, community members, and service providers in relation to joint responses to the needs of marginalised young people who have an intellectual/cognitive disability.
- To develop mechanisms for the dissemination of information to families, significant others, community members, and service providers regarding the needs and issues of young people with an intellectual/cognitive disability.
- Working as a member of the ARROS team.
- Working in a manner consistent with ARROS’ policies and procedures.
- Supporting the Team Leader in data collection, service documentation, evaluation, service development and systems advocacy.
A position description is attached.