- Romsey and Kyneton location
About Cobaw Community Health
Cobaw Community Health Services Ltd (Cobaw) provides a diverse range of health, wellbeing and community services across the Macedon Ranges Shire. To achieve our vision of a healthy resilient community, we are committed to the principles of collaborative partnerships, health promotion, community engagement, social justice and advocacy. Our Alcohol and Other Drugs (AOD) team aims to provide information, support and referral pathways to individuals challenged by substance abuse.
About the role
We are seeking an outstanding AOD Counsellor to work with our multidisciplinary team to provide predominantly youth and some adult AOD counselling. You will work in centre based and outreach setting, connecting with schools and community groups to build relationships with consumers and local referrers. Key outcomes you will achieve include:
- Equipping young people and families within our community with resources, harm minimisation education and skills to improve their existing coping mechanisms and enhance their resilience.
- Deliver an evidence informed assessment, counselling and care coordination service to young people, and adults as required, needing AOD services
- Work from a social model of health in partnership with other agencies to provide responsive, inclusive and effective services that meet the individual and family AOD needs
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Qualifications in Certificate IV in Alcohol and Other Drugs Work, or a tertiary qualification in health, social, or behavioural science, and a minimum of four AOD core competencies from the Certificate IV in Alcohol and Other Drugs Work.
- Experience working with an inclusive practice
- Experience working with at vulnerable people
- Experience working in the AOD sector
- Experience in counselling/case management roles
- Demonstrated understanding of the impact of substance use on clients, family members and friends, and a good working knowledge of effective treatment and support options including harm minimisation strategies.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective networks and relationships.
- Ability to work independently within a regional multidisciplinary team.
- A passion for working with the community