The Centre for Non-Violence (CNV) is a leading and innovative specialist Family Violence organisation based in the Loddon area, with a vision of gender and social equality for all.
A number of Social Worker vacancies are available within our Program and Services team (referred to internally as Integrated Practice Workers), opportunities include:
- Full-time Active Hold/Short term response, 12-month contract role located in the Campaspe Shire
- Part-time (68.4 hours / fortnight) ongoing role located in Echuca
If you have a specific preference for one or more of these opportunities with CNV please list this in your application.
Details of the role:
Integrated Practice Workers work within multi-disciplinary teams of practitioners at our CNV home office and the Orange Door. The duties of role can include:
- Providing high quality, safe and effective responses to women and children seeking support and safety, whilst keeping the perpetrator in view.
- Engaging with perpetrators who have been referred to or who contact the service due to concerns they have about the impact of their behaviour, developing and planning interventions and working towards increasing the safety for the family members.
- Conducting risk assessments, developing safety plans and coordinating with other services within the integrated family violence system.
To be considered for this position you will have:
- A minimum of Diploma level qualification in social work, psychology, community services and/or a related human services field (for further information regarding Victorian Government mandatory minimum qualification requirements visit our website).
- At least two years’ experience in a family violence or related role is desirable.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of family violence including impacts on children and young people and young homeless women’s issues in accordance with service philosophies.
- Experience in providing case work to individuals and/or families experiencing complex needs and risk issues including a sound knowledge of referral pathways.
- The ability to work with limited supervision and exercise judgement and initiative in a fast paced and changing environment where practices and processes may not be clearly defined.
For consideration, applicants must follow the application process, outlined on our website www.cnv.org.au/job-application-process.
For further information please visit our website www.cnv.org.au/jobs or phone (03) 5430 3000.
A position description is attached.
Employment with CNV is subject to a satisfactory WWC clearance and criminal record history check prior to commencement of employment, and employee’s must meet all of the requirements of the Public Health Order for COVID-19 vaccinations.
Benefits of working with CNV
- An inclusive child safe organisation, committed to achieving diversity in our services and workforce
- An equal opportunity employer
- Attractive salary packaging, can earn up to $15,860 tax free
- Above award wages and generous EBA conditions
- Excellent work/life balance, with a commitment to providing a flexible, supportive and diverse working environment
- Supportive and friendly organisational culture
- On-going training and development opportunities