- Casual (Workload varies from 6-14 days a month, or 1-3 days a week.)
- Melbourne (The role is predominately off-site and some storage of materials at your home will be required. You will need a full Australian driver’s license and access to a car.)
- Rate: $27.10 per hour (Inc. Super) + per km distance compensation for the use of your car
Car Next Door is the fastest-growing car-sharing network in Australia, growing on average 100% a year since 2015. We are the fifth-largest peer-to-peer car-sharing platform in the world and are on a mission to fundamentally change the way people think about transport. Since starting we’ve grown our community to more than 4,000+ cars being shared with over 150,000+ members.
Our fast growth and commitment to improving the environment has been recognised through:
- 2019 - Australian Growth Company Awards, winner - Company to watch
- 2019 - Deloitte Technology Fast 50
- 2020 - Financial Times High-Growth Companies Asia-Pacific 500
The focus of the role
Car Next Door is looking to attract an enthusiastic and driven individual to join the Fleet Management Team as we scale up. As a Fleet Installer, your focus will be to provide quality and timely installations for CND owners and to help CND provide exceptional customer service to its owners in Melbourne. This is an opportunity to join a progressive organisation with an already proven concept. The position will suit someone with an energetic spirit, who is looking to join a driven and successful team.
This role is predominately off-site and you will be required to store some materials at our home. You will need a full Australian driver’s license and access to a car. We are offering $27.10 per hour including super, plus per km compensation for usage of your car (having your own car is mandatory for this role). We will also provide a $30 p/m phone allowance/compensation for the use of your phone/data. The role is casual and the workload will vary from 1-3 days a week.
What you’ll be doing:
- Preparing installation packs and New Car Owner packs
- Installing a Lockbox, Calamp, toll device, and fuel paddle in each new car
- Installing branding on the car
- Managing and maintaining inventory for installations
- Troubleshooting any Car/Tech issues that arise during installations
- Contributing to the development of processes and internal systems to ensure a smooth transition as we grow
- Regular interaction with our members, reflecting our company values.
- Helping to move, maintain or sell fleet cars
What you’ll bring:
- A full Australian driver’s license and access to a car.
- The ability to drive manual vehicles
- A relatively new smartphone with a good camera
- Extensive comprehension skills - this role will require you to be able to efficiently grasp various manuals, systems, and business processes
- The ability to create an outstanding customer experience for our Car Owners and Borrowers. You will potentially be the only human contact our members will receive, so first impressions are important!
- Driven and self-motivated. You need to be a self-starter and be confident in working independently. We operate at a high intensity, with a high level of accountability.
- A High level of computer/smartphone competence (you don’t need to be a programmer but you do need to know your way around a computer/smartphone pretty well).
Why you will want to join the Car Next Door team:
- You will have a great set of tools to use, and plenty of autonomy to drive change and see the results of your work
- We are growing rapidly - you will have the chance to contribute to this growth and excel in your career, and giving you a say in the future direction of the company
- Opportunities for flexible, remote work
- Strong career growth and learning opportunities
- Be part of a small, energetic, and collaborative team that’s open to new ideas and ways of working
- We´re making a difference to the future of personal transportation in Australia.
Apply now to be considered for this amazing opportunity!
We are only accepting applications that have completed the form by clicking Apply Now.
Please note we do not accept applications via 3rd party recruiters or other businesses. We are not liable for any fees incurred assumed or otherwise and fully reserve the right in the absence of a mutually agreed (receipt of terms of business does not imply agreement) contract to approach any persons we believe are suitable for the role of our business.