The Centre for Multicultural Youth (CMY) is a not-for-profit organisation based in Victoria, providing specialist knowledge and support to young people from refugee and migrant backgrounds. Our vision is that young people from migrant and refugee backgrounds are connected, empowered and influential Australians.
About the Role
CMY seeks a Portfolio Officer who will be responsible for the delivery and implementation of the Centre for Multicultural Youth’s employment-related initiatives. A strong focus of the role is on youth engagement and volunteer management and working with the Portfolio Advisor to ensure young people from migrant and refugee backgrounds have every opportunity to secure sustainable employment in Australia.
- Hours: 30.4 hours per week (0.8 FTE), Part-Time
- Fixed-term: until 31 March 2021 (Parental Leave position)
- Base Salary (SCHADS Level 4): $71,174 per annum (pro rata), plus Super and Access to Salary Packaging
- Location: CMY Carlton Office
- Interviews: to be held in the week beginning Monday, 13 July 2020
- This position is being re-advertised therefore applicants who have previously applied for the position need not apply
You will have
- Demonstrated experience in project implementation, which includes well-developed organisational and administrative skills, the ability to plan and manage an effective work program, meet deadlines, the capacity to be flexible, and stakeholder management skills.
- High-level proficiency in database management, extraction and analysis of data and producing reports.
- Ability to organise and implement community engagement activities.
- Well-developed interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills with proven ability to engage with a diverse range of stakeholders including young people, families, communities, volunteers and management within organisations.
- Experience/involvement with the delivery of youth unemployment initiatives and strategies that support effective pathways for young people.
For more information
- On the role, download the Position Description
- On CMY, visit https://www.cmy.net.au/
- Contact person for the role: James Wynd – Senior Manager, Service Innovation on (03) 9340 3742
HOW TO APPLY
- Provide your updated resume / CV
- Provide a document addressing the key selection criteria outlined in the position description