About the service and the role
International social work agency in Hawthorn is recruiting an Office Manager with qualifications in Administration and experience working in a sensitive, confidential setting. This is an unusual post, working across borders/time zones with colleagues based in Western Australia and the UK.
CMT provides trauma informed services to older adults and their families separated by Commonwealth child migration schemes. Our clients are recovering from childhood institutional abuse, compounded by decades without knowledge of their family or identity.
Can you contribute administrative leadership and support to a professional team that provides specialist social work services? Are you a reliable professional with a positive attitude? If you are a skilled multi-tasker and want to make a real difference, this role could be for you.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to be considered for this position.
For a better view of child migration and our vital work, please go to www.childmigrantstrust.com.
Job tasks and responsibilities
- Manage and maintain a warm and welcoming working environment
- Ensure front line workers are supported by high standards of IT, communication and accurate information systems, well-functioning equipment and office supplies.
- Maintain and develop an historic archive of paper filing systems, under direction of the social work team across the agency’s three offices.
- Work closely with colleagues based in the UK and Perth to ensure high standards and a consistent, one agency approach.
- Provide efficient travel coordination and planning for the team, and occasionally provide out of hours support to senior managers travelling between CMT offices in the UK and Australia.
- Practical approach to obtaining ‘value for money’ contractors to support the agency’s business activities.
Skills and experience
- University Degree in Administration or related field.
- Experience working in medical/legal or social work settings and a commitment to high professional standards through attention to detail, role boundaries and confidentiality.
- High level communication skills, professional telephone manner and proven ability to perform under pressure.
- Ability to take direction, follow through on urgent matters and prioritise effectively.
- A commitment to working with a team driven by social justice principles.
- Car driver required.
Job benefits and perks
Generous salary packaging available circa $75-80K. Enjoy an extra day's leave on your birthday!