- Location: Home Based
- Reports to: Director of National Partnerships
Climate Catalyst is a new organisation established to secure ambitious national policies to reduce greenhouse gas emissions; by working with civil society organisations driving change, businesses and investors, and new champions for climate action.
We are currently seeking a Head of Grants Portfolio. You will play a key role in designing and implementing our grant making system and processes; alongside the identification of and support of our grantees. You believe that funding is one aspect of how grants can add value. The ideal candidate knows how to navigate complex international grant making environments, is excited and knowledgeable about developing a grants system and programme from the ground up, and is passionate about solving the climate crisis.
About The Role
The overall remit of this role is to:
- Design and lead Climate Catalyst’s grant making programme.
- Drive the full life cycle of the organisation’s grants functions including but not limited to annual granting calendars, application processes, reporting, and partner engagement.
- Manage a portfolio of international grants spanning a variety of regions with different political and regulatory environments.
- Work with colleagues to identify and support grant recipients, including opportunities for collaborative granting.
- Ensure partners feel supported and valued through the re-granting and strategy engagement process.
What You Will Do
- Work with the Director of National Partnerships to develop Climate Catalyst’s strategic approach to grant making to align with our other objectives.
- Design and implement Climate Catalyst’s grant making system and processes, with the operations team, to ensure the timely disbursement of grants, management of programmatic contracts in support of our partners and an effective reporting system.
- Manage and grow the grant making portfolio through the identification of new partners, relationship management, due diligence and evaluation.
- Provide support to our grantees beyond funding, through strategy development, learning, and convening.
- Actively engage with partners, researchers and other philanthropic funders to identify opportunities for when collaborative grant making, commissioning and/or analysing research, public engagement or new programme development could contribute to Climate Catalyst’s aims to influence policy.
- Work with the operations team to ensure compliance with internal requirements and the regulatory requirements of the countries Climate Catalyst will grant in; and the timely disbursement of grants.
- Contribute to Climate Catalyst’s efforts to build relationships of trust and collaboration with other organisations.
What You Would Bring
- A strong understanding and practice of the role of strategic funding can play in to accelerating change, including the value of non-financial support that funders can provide
- Experience in philanthropic grants management, with any of the following being a plus: contracts administration, international grant making and compliance for grant making
- Experience working directly with grantees on terms and conditions, reporting requirements, and other grant-related issues
- Experience operating grants management platforms
- A history of strong relationship development as part of the identification of possible grantees and collaborative granting opportunities
- Ideally, an understanding of the climate space and a commitment to the mission of Climate Catalyst
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills and high level of fluency in written and spoken English.
How You Work
- Objective focussed and detail oriented
- Eager to collaborate and solve challenges
- Team champion
- Active listener
- Humble, with low ego and ready to roll up your sleeves
- Committed to our values of courage, collaboration, diversity and learning
- Currently, our main working language is English. Fluency in another language is highly valued.
- This position may require travel when and if it is safe to do so.
- If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment tasks or otherwise participating in the interview process, please inform us of that in the relevant application section.
- Pay is competitive in all hiring regions. Benefits include: wellness stipend, professional development, co-working space coverage, generous pension contribution and more.
Diversity at Climate Catalyst
Climate Catalyst aims to design inclusive strategies to meet our objectives. We recognise that the only way to deliver on that is to build a diverse team made up of people with varying backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We encourage people from historically marginalised and currently under-represented groups in the climate movement, to apply to work with us.
Climate Catalyst is a project of Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors, Inc. (RPA). RPA is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please provide us with your CV and a cover letter that addresses your suitability in relation to what you will do and bring to the role, as outlined above. Submit your application by clicking "Apply Now".