- Reports to: Reporting Manager
- Technical Unit: Operations Team
- Number of direct reports: 0
- Location: Sydney (preferred)
- Job Classification: B1
About Climate Friendly
Acting to combat climate change is one of the world’s most pressing challenges. Climate Friendly was founded in 2003 as a profit-for-purpose business. Our growing team is passionate about active land management, and we are focused on finding economically viable solutions to maximise our impact on climate change. We have a proven track record, having already delivered over 14 million tonnes of carbon abatement since 2015. We are expanding our team to build on our success and help achieve our purpose of reducing emissions by 20 million tonnes by 2020, and 100 million tonnes by 2025.
As one of Australia’s largest and most experienced carbon farming project developers, Climate Friendly helps land owners and land managers to unlock economic, social and environmental value through improved management of Australia’s land. This includes more than 120 partnerships with farmers, plantation managers, agribusiness and Indigenous groups on carbon farming projects.
Primary purpose of this position:
Work in a small team to deliver technical reports and ACCU issuance for a portfolio of existing and developing carbon farming projects. The position will lead existing projects through the reporting process and potentially secondary audits, including:
- Lead preparation of offsets reports for second and subsequent project reporting periods, and the quality assurance of key input data
- Ensuring timely submission of crediting applications through the Clean Energy Regulator for the efficient issuance of ACCUs
- Other assistance with project reporting processes, as required
Position would suit a detail-oriented person with good technical skills, who is confident collaborating with many people and working with many stakeholders, and who is capable of managing many complex projects at once.
About the Operations Team
The team is responsible for project reporting across Climate Friendly’s business, including:
- Preparation of Offsets Reports, and the efficient coordination of projects through the ongoing reporting process, in line with Climate Friendly’s internal deadlines, contractual obligations, CF budget, and legislative requirements
- Ensuring the team’s Standard Operating Procedures are up to date and in line with company wide operations
Key outcomes/ accountabilities:
Include but are not limited to:
- Supporting the reporting manager and Section Head – Operations and liaising with other internal teams, Project managers, and project proponents, to ensure Climate Friendly complies with reporting timelines for meeting obligations under delivery contracts, Service Agreements, and legislative requirements
- Development of second and subsequent offsets reports, reporting packs, and responses to Clean Energy regulator (CER) Requests For Information (RFIs) as appropriate.
- Submitting relevant forms and key communications to the Clean Energy Regulator
- Assisting with review of Second and Subsequent Offsets Reports packs (SSORs) as required
- Assisting with the preparation of secondary audit packs, or other audit tasks, as required.
- Ensuring the accurate and timely documentation of project information in the Climate Friendly CRM, including CER requests for further information and responses provided.
Knowledge Skills & Experience:
Include but are not limited to:
- Skilled in report writing, MS Excel, Geographic Information Systems (GIS) such as QGIS
- Familiarity with abatement modelling, such as the Reforestation Modelling Tool (RMT) and/or Full Carbon Accounting Model (FullCAM)
- Very high attention to detail, or experience in quality assurance/quality control processes
- Ability to work on multiple, complex projects at the same time, which may all be at different stages of the reporting cycle
- Ability to perform well under tight, sometimes self-imposed deadlines
- Background in forestry or other environmental fields
- Knowledge about the agricultural sector
- Familiarity with the Emissions Reduction Fund
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work unsupervised, yet as part of a small team
Climate Friendly encourages people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from different cultural backgrounds and people with disabilities.