- Unique opportunity to gain insight into the clean energy industry
- Full time 6 month contract – maternity leave cover
- Mid-February start; Hybrid working approach; Melbourne CBD
The Clean Energy Council is the peak body for the clean energy industry in Australia. We represent and work with hundreds of leading businesses operating in solar, wind, energy efficiency, hydro, bioenergy, energy storage, geothermal and marine along with over 6,000 solar installers. We are committed to accelerating the transformation of Australia’s energy system to one that is smarter and cleaner.
Reporting to the Accounts & Payroll Manager, the Accounts Officer role assists with accounts payable, receivables, daily banking functions, preparing reconciliations and schedules, and providing broader ongoing support to the CEC’s Corporate Services area.
This is a 6 month maternity leave contract.
Key objectives of the Accounts Officer role are to:
- Preparing payments, process payables in MYOB, liaising with suppliers and answering queries, and reconciling payments to statements.
- Process invoices through MYOB, Salesforce and EventsAir; manage debtors and follow up outstanding amounts as required.
- Manage daily banking process including accurate input into MYOB, Salesforce and EventsAir; reconcile bank account; and deposit any banking as required.
- Provide customer support via telephone and email for all payment related enquiries.
- Assist Accounts Manager in completing additional annual reconciliations as necessary for audit.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in a similar role with knowledge of accounts payable, accounts receivable and general ledger.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent numerical and spreadsheeting skill (Microsoft Excel).
- Sound working knowledge of MYOB or similar accounting systems
- Able to communicate clearly (both written and verbal forms) with internal and external stakeholders.
- High level of confidentiality and judgement.
- Adequate knowledge of CRM and different payment processing gateway platforms such as Salesforce, STRIPE and EventsAir
- Able to work autonomously or as part of a team.
- VCE or equivalent.
- Ideally Certificate IV in Bookkeeping.
In return, for your outstanding work ethic and motivation, you will be rewarded with a:
- Competitive salary package
- Fabulous team environment
- Passionate and driven, value-based organisation
- Flexible working arrangements