Christians Against Poverty aims to serve the poor, save the lost, with the Church, across the nation. Our vison is to equip the church to both serve and include the poor whilst confidently proclaiming Jesus. Through debt help services CAP works to show those living under the weight of debt and poverty that there is always hope. Our debt help service involves holding client assets. The continued success of our work rests on a bedrock of accurate financial planning, budgeting, accounting and reporting.
The purpose of the role is to support the Finance and Corporate Services Director to ensure that this bedrock remains solid and stable. This role is responsible for the administration of charity finances and client funds. This role also supports the administration of the office environment making sure that the office has what it needs to run smoothly.
You are passionate about providing an excellent service to our multitude of internal and external stakeholders.
You are dedicated, enthusiastic and take a professional approach to your work. You are highly organised and able to keep projects on the move without the need to be driven. You have a focus on excellence and supporting other charity departments in such a way that releases them to achieve the overall strategic aims of the charity. You have a high attention to detail and love to get things done in a logical and efficient manner.
You are looking for flexibility in your workplace - a balance between family and part-time work in a job that gives meaning and fulfillment.
- Prepare monthly financial statements, including profit and loss accounts, balance sheets, cash flows and variance analysis.
- Maintain suitable accounting systems and processes to meet the needs of the charity in an accurate, timely, secure and reliable manner.
- Monitor and record cash flow.
- Implementation of audit recommendations
- Administer the annual budget setting process; working with managers to prepare the detailed annual budget. (Director to ‘lead’ the process).
- Ensure accurate tracking and reporting of Church Partner Income to Network Partnerships on a monthly basis.
- Bank account maintenance of signatories & responsibilities.
- Oversee financial systems including payroll, superannuation, tax, expenses, petty cash, accounts receivable, accounts payable, fixed asset register, BAS and GST.
- Monthly reconciliation of operating, donations and cash reserve bank accounts.
- Corporate Credit card reconciliation and payment.
- Issuing of monthly budget reports to department managers for checking and comment.
- Issue invoice to CAP New Zealand for reimbursement of HOPE server costs on a quarterly basis.
- To manage the day to day uploads, processing and reporting of donations
- To work with the Supporter Relations Manager to ensure timely reporting and reconciliation of donations
Client Funds Processing:
- In consultation with the Policy and Compliance Manager, ensure all financial procedures meet the required standards for ASIC compliance.
- Implement and maintain sound financial management controls and ensure that these controls are adhered to.
- Ensure client account reconciliations are completed daily.
- Implement any recommendations or conditions required by ASIC.
- Management of bank mandate and authorised signatories, ensuring daily, weekly and BAWF client payments can be made.
- Management of other head office staff members responsible for processing client payments to ensure there is always someone to do am and pm processing and ensure consistency and accuracy by all team members.
- Manage Payments mailbox to ensure timely communication back to Debt Operations Team.
- Provide management and oversight to the office facilities seeking to provide a safe, pleasant and effective working environment (including the management of contract leases for the cleaning, photocopiers, rubbish removal, sanitation and the water filter).
- Management of the relationship with our leasing agent, liaising with them as necessary to ensure a safe, pleasant and effective working environment.
- Management of the office Alarm System.
- To ensure that cost control is maintained and that the best price is negotiated when organising maintenance, and any other related quotes associated with the working environment.
- Ensure that the maintenance and lease are maintained on required company vehicles.
- Ensure office kitchen and stationary supplies are maintained.
- Accuracy of financial information recorded in MYOB.
- Service standards met for the payment of invoices.
- All charity invoices paid on time.
- Accurate and timely weekly reconciliation and reporting of cashflow position.
- FBT and BAS paid on time.
- Fundraising registrations completed and kept up to date in all states and territories
- Clearly live out and embrace the cultural values of CAP.
- Clearly demonstrate a heart and passion for the charity.
Other responsibilities include:
- Being willing to pray with clients over the phone
- To encourage family, friends and other contacts to support the charity through the Life Changer program and other fundraising initiatives
- Experience in an accountancy/financial environment.
- Experience in using MYOB.
- Experience in improving financial systems and processes.
- Proficiency using Excel.
- Experience of report-writing and/or drafting professional documents.
- Great administration skills.
- A great level of organisational awareness.
- A love for detail and excellence.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent numeracy skills.
- A positive attitude towards collaborative working.
- Experience negotiating and managing an office environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- The candidate must be able to give both verbal assent to and practical demonstration of Christians Against Poverty’s Statement of Faith and Core Values
- Must be able to actively participate in prayer and worship, whether individual, small group or corporately, as an expression of own personal faith and in line with CAP’s Statement of Faith.