- Work from home 2 days per week
- Engage with teams across the Asia-Pacific
- Work within a Sydney-based technical advisory programs team
ChildFund Australia is an independent international development organisation that works to reduce poverty for children in developing communities. We partner to create community and systems change which enables vulnerable children and young people, in all their diversity, to assert and realise their rights.
Our vision is a world without poverty where all children and young people can say: “I am safe. I am educated. I contribute. I have a future.”
ChildFund Australia directly manages and implements programs with a range of local partners in Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Papua New Guinea, Timor-Leste, Vietnam, and other Pacific nations, and manages projects delivered by partner organisations throughout Asia, Africa, and the Americas. Our work is funded through child and community sponsorship, government grants as well as donations from individuals, trusts and foundations, and corporate organisations.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
As the Education Advisor you work closely with the Senior Education Advisor, the International Program Team in Sydney and six Country Offices to strengthen and expand ChildFund Australia’s existing education programs and projects. You provide input and feedback to project concept papers, proposals (including submissions), monitoring reports and evaluation as well as provide technical advice and support on the education components of other programs and projects.
- Contribute to develop our thinking about education and its role in international development programs to advance ChildFund Australia’s strategic goals; programs, research and advocacy initiatives;
- Support Country Office education staff with technical support and advice in project planning, design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation;
- Assist Country Office staff with progress reporting both internally and to donors;
- Create strong relationships through networking activities with INGOs, ACFID working groups and donor agencies to lift the profile of ChildFund Australia as well as with our Regional Offices and Alliance members and foster collaborative initiatives and cross learning opportunities;
- Remain alert and responsive to any child safeguarding or sexual exploitation, abuse or harassment (SEAH) risks, acquire relevant knowledge and skills to promote strong safeguarding practices, understand the child safeguarding and PSEAH policy and procedures, and conduct yourself consistent with those policies.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Post-graduate qualifications in a relevant discipline;
- 5-7 years’ experience as a teacher, preferably in formal, basic education and/or teacher education; and in a number of sub-sectors (e.g. Early Childhood, primary, secondary, tertiary, technical and vocational, teacher training, assessment and evaluation etc.) including some years in the International Development Sector
- Cross cultural experience in an NGO/Development context;
- Confident in using data, financial planning and monitoring platforms (Excel, Salesforce, Sage etc.)
- Familiarity/experience with web-based communication platforms (Teams, Zoom, Webex etc.)
PLEASE VIEW THE FULL POSITION DESCRIPTION ATTACHED.