The Event Manager is responsible for managing internal and external fundraising events, working with committees and evaluating each event for return on investment, effectiveness in achieving financial and non-financial KPIs and stakeholder engagement.
The Events Manager is critical to the success of the Marketing and Fundraising team, providing essential revenue generation and support to the team in the areas of event management, co-ordination and promotion. The position works closely with various departments within CFCC to deliver quality fundraising, stewardship and promotional events aligned to the organisation’s strategic plan.
- Build and maintain relationships, built on mutual respect, trust and engagement with internal and external stakeholders, including sponsorship providers, key suppliers, donors, corporate sponsors, committees, patrons of events, CFCC staff.
- Maintain open channels of communication with the Head of Marketing & Fundraising and key internal working relationships within the Marketing and Fundraising Team to ensure the sharing of mutually beneficial information, and identify opportunities for participating and volunteering at other fundraising events.
- Maintain and grow an active annual schedule of events in line with the strategic KPI’s
- Identify opportunities to establish new mutually beneficial relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Identify opportunities to leverage existing and launch new events.
- Liaise and work with the Marketing and Fundraising team and other relevant departments on sponsorship, cause-related marketing, donor development and database promotion opportunities that may arise out of events.
- Plan and schedule activities to ensure allocated KPIs are met.
- Communicate KPI requirements to the Marketing and Fundraising team, wider organisation and allocate responsibilities.
- Manage each event according to agreed budgets and timetables.
- Reporting - evaluate and review event results and provide recommendations to guide the future of the program.
- Prepare and present reports as required, including expense and revenue reports and the monthly calendar of events.
- Attend and/or, lead and/or provide administrative support to all external volunteer events and organising committees.
- Implement and manage all facets of event administration including banking, ticket sales, database management, event files, risk management and donor and sponsor correspondence.
- Ensure processing and record keeping of donations, receipts and correspondence are handled in line with CFCC policy, procedure and service level requirements.
- Maintain a current working knowledge of CFCC policies and procedures related to events.
- Collaborate closely with members of the Marketing and Fundraising, Communications and Media and the Programs and Support Services team to produce collateral to support development of relationships and promote fundraising initiatives.
- Consistently demonstrate, role model, promote and build a proactive culture of collaboration, improvement and growth, encouraging innovation, creativity and excellence.
- Support team members to achieve their individual KPI’s and the Marketing & Fundraising Team’s collective KPI’s.
- Actively role model and reinforce the values of CFCC.
Internal: Marketing & Fundraising team, CFCC Staff - NSW and Victoria
External: Sponsorship providers, key suppliers, donors, corporate sponsors, committees, patrons of events and people/organisations with potential to engage with the organisation.
- Proven ability in event management with revenue generation outcomes, inclusive of planning, budgeting, marketing, promotion – including social media; staging and evaluation of events.
- Proven high level oral and written communication skills, including the ability to make engaging presentations tailored to a range of audiences.
- Demonstrated highly developed interpersonal skills including the ability to liaise with a diverse range of people and organisations, make decisions, problem solve and negotiate.
- Proven superior organisational skills including time management, attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple tasks for self and others.
- Proven ability to manage, monitor and deliver multiple medium to large projects with evidenced success in achieving agreed outcomes, targets and deadlines while maintaining healthy relationships.
- High level computer skills in the Microsoft Office suite (particularly in Word, Excel, and Outlook) and previous experience using databases.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work effectively as part of a team and to collaborate across teams to achieve enhanced outcomes, including a demonstrated ability to adapt to changing circumstances, work processes and working hours.
- Proven experience with social media; design, set-up, implementation and delivery of virtual-based events and fundraising platforms.
- Demonstrated high standard of integrity, ethics, judgement and confidentiality.
A position description is attached.