The mission of the Cathy Freeman Foundation (CFF) is to support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children to realise their full potential. We deliver programs that support over 1600 Indigenous students in 4 remote communities to realise their full potential in school and beyond.
An exciting opportunity exists for a talented Communications & Engagement Coordinator to help raise our public profile, strengthen our relationship with supporters and acquire further backing.
Through strategic communications and engagement with our partners, donors and external audiences this role will play a pivotal role in sharing our story to assist us to build our brand, strengthen our sustainability and realise our future plans for growth.
- Coordinate social media activity and plans, including writing copy, ensuring a consistent voice and tone is maintained in line with CFF’s values
- Provide a positive contribution to planning, team meetings and workplace discussions
- Oversee website content and maintenance
- Prepare engaging quarterly newsletters for distribution to donors and stakeholders, including sourcing stories and writing content in collaboration with our programs team
- Assist with community newsletters (with content driven by our programs team)
- Prepare content as required for fundraising appeals (tax time & Christmas), applications, EDM's, invitations and correspondence
- Compile the annual report with the CEO
- Lead development of a quality image library, including management of consent processes, for use with partners, media and other stakeholders
- Coordinate online and communications aspects of CFF’s Team Freeman running activities
- Assist as required across CFF events in person or online
- Assist as required on reporting and or updates to donors, partners and stakeholders
Marketing & PR
- Produce marketing materials such as banners, posters and brochures
- Support PR and media engagement activities, including preparation of media releases
- Act in ways that advance CFF’s objectives, values and reputation
- Provide for the safety of themselves and others in the workplace
- Comply with policies and procedures of CFF
- Perform other duties assigned by the CEO or Strategic Partnerships & Funding Director
- Working with Children Check
- Police Check
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
- Exceptional writing skills, including the ability to produce high-quality copywriting across digital, web and print and to convey compelling messages for a variety of audiences
- Experience in website content management, preferably with Wix
- Skills in graphic design for brochures, social posts and EDM's (competent in Adobe creative suite or Corel Graphic suite or equivalent)
- High levels of attention to detail and quality
- Strong interpersonal skills to forge relationships with people of diverse ages and backgrounds
- Strong customer service focus
- Exceptional time management skills and the ability to multi-task
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proven Project Management skills
- Proven skills in dealing with and appropriately managing sensitive and confidential information
- Strong experience in report and content writing
- Demonstrated success in building an increased social media following
- Past dealings with partners and/or donors, ideally in a membership based organisation
- Experience in delivering online campaigns or events
- Tertiary qualification/s or 3+ years in a marketing or communications role
- Proven understanding and knowledge of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, their cultures and communities
As a Public Benevolent Institution (PBI), CFF employees also receive tax-effective salary packaging opportunities, thus significantly increasing the value of net pay.
The Cathy Freeman Foundation acknowledges the traditional Aboriginal owners of country throughout Australia and we pay our respects to them, their culture and their Elders past, present and emerging.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are encouraged to apply.
For a copy of the position description please contact email@example.com using the subject line: Communications & Engagement Coordinator enquiry via EthicalJobs.