WHY WORK WITH US…
Common Equity Housing Limited (CEHL) is Victoria’s largest Housing Association and a market leader in the provision and development of affordable housing.
With more than 2,200 properties across Victoria, we partner with member cooperatives to deliver an effective and sustainable cooperative housing program.
CEHL actively promotes the vital role cooperative models can play in not only changing people’s lives, but in being an ongoing solution to Victoria’s current housing affordability crisis.
THE OPPORTUNITY TO BE A CHANGEMAKER…
The Manager – Co-operative Development & Strategy role exists to develop and deliver strategic initiatives to foster sustainable and vibrant tenant-managed housing co-operatives.
You will be responsible for the ongoing service delivery to co-operatives within the CEHL Program to enable their long-term success, sustainability and compliance with legal and program requirements via the provision of advice, guidance, resources and training.
As an integral member of our Senior Leadership Team, provide leadership in relation to service delivery, innovation and planning, in order to meet organisational goals, improve organisational performance and promote a professional, high-functioning and collaborative culture.
On a day-to-day basis the Manager – Co-operative Development & Strategy will be responsible for:
- Overseeing the development and implementation of co-operative development plans, systems and controls to resource the cooperatives, and ensuring CEHL meets its statutory obligations.
- Managing the Co-operative Development and Strategy Team to deliver high-quality advice, training and assistance to co-operatives and overseeing the implementation of the strategic and operational functions of the Team.
- Monitoring and reporting on the performance of the CEHL supported housing co-operatives and planning actions to maximise viability and performance.
- Contributing to the development, application and review of co-operative models.
- Contributing to the development and review of membership agreements and program policies, facilitating consultation with co-operatives when required.
- Building and maintaining effective working relationships to promote CEHL’s role in enabling Cooperatives to be independent, effective and sustainable.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR…
- Specialist knowledge or a demonstrated ability to quickly gain knowledge of relevant Acts including Co-operatives National Law Application Act 2013 (CNL), Information Privacy Act 2000, Housing Act 1983 and the Performance Standards required of Registered Housing Associations;
- Knowledge of the Residential Tenancies Act and compliance obligations. Experience with the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT) desirable;
- Good working knowledge of the OHS Act, Human Rights Charter and the Victorian Housing Register preferred;
- A general understanding of the goals and operations of the Community-Housing Sector;
- Demonstrated ability to lead, supervise and develop a team of professionals, with a strong understanding of, and ability to implement, effective People & Culture practices;
- Extensive experience at a senior level in service provision and development;
- Excellent communication skills; Personable and collaborative working style and able to achieve positive outcomes for all stakeholders; and
- Tertiary qualifications in Community Development or a related field.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW…
This role is a permanent, ongoing position operating in a full-time capacity and will be based in our Richmond Head Office.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY…
A career with Common Equity Housing Limited is an opportunity to join a sector-leading, non-profit organisation and a team of purpose-driven and diverse professionals who are each committed to our vision to empower people and communities with better housing solutions.
Aside from the opportunity to positively impact the lives of individuals, some of our other benefits include:
- Access to professional development programs that include on-the-job learning, workshops, forums, leadership development and internal mobility.
- Policies that may accommodate flexible working and other working arrangements to tailor and encourage individual performance.
- An opportunity to shape an already sector-leading organisation to achieve even greater impact.
- A highly engaged team culture that is dynamic, growing in agility and committed to serving those individuals who need our help.
- A culture that encourages and cultivates collaboration and embeds organisational excellence.
- Access to salary packaging tax advantages.
A Position Description is attached.