- Diverse organisation with diverse risks
- Working across the entire organisation, this role offers variety and will see you as the subject matter expert for all things risk and compliance
- Primarily Woolloomooloo based with balanced approach to WFH
Cancer Council NSW is a community funded, community focused not for profit, celebrating over 60 years. We are trusted. We are valued. We are making a difference. We are also constantly looking at how we can do things better.
The Risk & Compliance Specialist (RCS) plays a pivotal part in supporting the organisation to do things better; to continue to be innovative and to minimise risk, by being primarily responsible for the overall design, implementation and maintenance of CCNSW’s Enterprise Risk Management, Compliance and Critical Incident Management Framework.
This role sits within the Finance, Strategy & Operations Division (FSO), which provides a range of organisation-wide centralised services and support for Cancer Council NSW.
The RCS coordinates CCNSW compliance with all relevant legal, statutory and ethical requirements as well as industry best practice, to reduce and manage risk across all areas of the organisation’s operations.
Reporting to the CFO, key responsibilities include:
- Ownership of Enterprise Risk Management incl reviewing and updating a framework and/or system that ensures all risk & compliance processes are implemented efficiently and effectively;
- Collaboratively driving the ongoing development of a risk management culture across all areas of the organisation;
- Managing CCNSW’s adherence to the Enterprise Risk Management Framework and providing feedback, including the reporting of any material breaches, to the CFO, Executive Team, or Board Committees
- Implementing, monitoring, and updating the Risk Issues Register, and audits compliance and actions;
- Ownership of the Vendor Contract Management Framework including, designing a framework and/or system that ensures all risk & compliance processes are implemented efficiently and effectively;
- Managing CCNSW’s adherence to the Vendor Contract Management Framework and providing feedback, including the reporting of any material breaches, to the CFO, Executive Team, or Board Committees
- Leading continuous improvement of policies and procedures to ensure their relevance, effectiveness and compliance to the Enterprise Risk Management Framework;
- Managing the end-to-end risk & compliance function ensuring quality, effectiveness and efficiency in reporting;
- Setting the annual Enterprise Risk Management plan, and on a regular basis update the Executive Team, and Board Committees of progress against the plan.
- Developing and implementing relevant plans, procedures, and policies as they relate to risk & compliance across the organisation;
- Assisting with business continuity planning, data breach responses, and other organisation initiatives set up to manage specific risks;
- Educating and mentoring employees and volunteers in operational risk & compliance matters;
- Monitoring and evaluating the broader regulatory environment as it relates to compliance and operational risk and develops appropriate solutions
- Monitoring and evaluating emerging risks and proposing appropriate solutions
- Represent CCNSW amongst other NFPs for colligate approach to emerging issues
Should you apply?
You will enjoy the autonomy that comes with being the sole RCS, underpinned with a diplomatic and collegiate ethos. As a big picture thinker, you will be able to connect the risk and compliance dots, and will strive to ensure we are always 3 steps ahead!
You will also need:
- Broad knowledge and experience in managing enterprise risk & compliance management;
- Effective communication skills with the ability to work in a constantly changing environment;
- Experience in embedding governance, compliance and risk management associated software;
- Track record in problem-solving skills and recommending solutions for their implementation and quick adoption;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written forms with Board and Executive Team members;
- Advanced computer skills – proficient in MS Office, Excel, SharePoint;
- Strong attention to detail, business partnering and analysis skills;
- Degree or diploma in a commerce discipline or risk management equivalent;
Please note, the compliance element of the role requires the flexibility for occasional regional travel to regional offices.
CCNSW Diversity and Inclusion statement
Cancer Council NSW is an inclusive place to volunteer and work. We embrace diversity, celebrate our differences, and inspire each person to be their authentic self at work. As we strive to represent the communities we serve, we welcome and actively encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and other diverse groups. As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, please get in touch with us at email@example.com, using the subject line: Risk and Compliance Specialist enquiry via EthicalJobs.