- You are a genuine people person, willing to roll up your sleeves and get things done, while supporting a team of ‘account managers’ who are responsible for building sustainable, valued relationships with monetary supporters of Cancer Council NSW
- We are looking for, potentially, a recent graduate with administration/project mgmt. experience who wants a career in fundraising, learning from leaders in their field
Celebrating over 60 years, Cancer Council NSW is a 94% community funded, community focussed not for profit. Cancer Council NSW is the largest cancer charity in NSW and its point of difference is that it works across all stages of the cancer journey from research and prevention to end of life.
As part of our wider Marketing and Fundraising Division, you will be joining the Philanthropy Unit, that play a vital role in ensuring the future viability and growth of CCNSW by broadening and strengthening our fundraising base through the development of strong and lasting relationships with our major donors, corporate partnerships, trusts and foundations, aligned to our brand.
You will be responsible for providing project coordination and administrative support across the Philanthropy Unit. This role will primarily include research and reporting activity, along with supporting with the implementation of engagement plans for CCNSW philanthropic partners including Major Donors, Corporate Partners and Trust & Foundations (T&F), to create sustainable relationships that are aligned with CCNSW mission.
Based in our Woolloomooloo office, reporting to the Engagement Lead, key responsibilities of the role will be:
- Providing effective administrative support to the Philanthropy Unit, including reporting projects, Unit meeting attendance and minutes, management of Unit project timelines and prospect research activity.
- Supporting the Philanthropy Unit in the ongoing management of ‘donor’ (i.e monetary contributors) data in CRM, responding to individual Specialist and Unit reporting requirements.
- Supporting the Engagement Lead and Development Lead on the development of best practice processes and execution of administrative elements
- Supporting Relationship Specialists with the administrative implementation and tracking of engagement plans, including contract renewal, invoicing and account keeping, data management and management of T&F calendar
- Monthly budget reconciliation for the Unit.
- Support with the creation and implementation of donor communications and events, in alignment with the Engagement Strategy
- Working with Engagement Lead and Relationship Specialists on coordination of the Corporate Volunteering Program, including planning, communications and on-the-day logistics
- Management of third-party stakeholders associated with partner engagement activity including volunteering and workplace giving platforms
As a self-starter with a solution focussed approach, and a willingness to learn and develop, you will also bring:
- Experience/Tertiary qualifications in fundraising and marketing, event, sales or PR
- Demonstrated experience building relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
- Strong communication, organisational and project coordination skills.
- Highly professional and articulate.
- Proven ability to show initiative, work collaboratively, prioritise work requirements, consult appropriately and respond to direction.
- High level of competency with Microsoft Office suite including Excel, Word and PowerPoint, with a basic understanding of databases.
CCNSW Diversity and Inclusion statement
Cancer Council NSW is an inclusive place to volunteer and work. We embrace diversity, celebrate our differences, and inspire each person to be their authentic self at work. As we strive to represent the communities we serve, we welcome and actively encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and other diverse groups. As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Philanthropy Unit Coordinator - Marketing and Fundraising Division enquiry via EthicalJobs.