- Payroll experience essential along with exceptional attention to detail
- Part time – 4 days per week
- 12 month contract
- New role
- Interview December for 1st February start - What a way to kick off 2021
Who are we?
Cancer Council NSW is a community funded, community focused not for profit, celebrating over 60 years. We are trusted. We are valued. We are making a difference.
A recent payroll vendor review has resulted in a new vendor partnership commencing in the new year. This change will involve us taking on the responsibility for payroll data entry internally, so that we have more control of data quality going forward for our approx. 350 employees, which has created this new role to join the People and Communications (P&C) team
Based primarily in the Woolloomooloo office, reporting to one of the HR Business Partners, you will become the payroll subject matter expert and enjoy the responsibility that comes with that. The role will also provide first-level support to managers and employees via phone, email and face to face.
With this new payroll vendor relationship, comes a new way of working – Unique opportunity to put your stamp on the new processes that accompany it!
Key responsibilities of the role will be:
- Maintain up to date employee information in payroll system - including all data entry for new joiner, adhoc changes and terminations
- Work with co-managed vendor to process accurate fortnightly pays for all employees
- Work directly with the business to ensure a smooth fortnightly payroll, and respond to and resolve payroll and ESS enquiries within a timely manner
- Produce all required post payroll reports following each payrun fortnightly
- Produce payroll budget data for Finance during budgeting review
- Oversee all date related communications for contract end dates, parental leave end date probation end date and other date driven data
- Ensure smooth and efficient functioning of ESS (Employee Self Service)
- Maintain a Payroll Procedures Manual
- Support the annual remuneration review administration process ensuring the payroll is updated accordingly
- Continuously improve and update Payroll intranet resources in a proactive manner, coordinating with team members as required
- Actively manage all HR inboxes and respond to queries as they arise
- Maintain, review and update all HR forms and templates, excluding Recruitment and WHS.
- Manage electronic and print employee and volunteer files, including employment related documentation and correspondence
Who are you?
You have a passion for working for a Not for Profit and understand the value and importance Cancer Council NSW has in the community. Interacting with employees from all divisions in the organisation will utilise your ability to adapt and tailor your approach, underpinned by a customer service ethos. You will also bring:
- Demonstrated experience with payroll data entry
- Enjoyment working in a primarily data entry driven role, broken up with a blend of HR Admin activities
- High level of attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills and a demonstrated ability to work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to use initiative, to solve problems independently and to exercise sound judgment
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with demonstrated experience working directly with stakeholders and preparing payroll correspondence
- Ability to identify and implement continuous improvement initiatives
- Experience with Preceda Payroll System will be looked on favourably
CCNSW Diversity and Inclusion statement
Cancer Council NSW is an inclusive place to volunteer and work. We embrace diversity, celebrate our differences, and inspire each person to be their authentic self at work. As we strive to represent the communities we serve, we welcome and actively encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and other diverse groups.As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, please get in touch with us at email@example.com using the subject line: Payroll & HR Administrator enquiry via EthicalJobs.