- Internal career development opportunities have created an exciting new opportunity for you!
- Experience of philanthropic funding or of working with high-net-worth individuals essential to step in and run with the role
- Development Team has built strong foundations over the last 12mths and the portfolio is primed for growth
- Apply now for interviews early January - Role available mid-January 2021
- 12mth Contract
Celebrating over 60 years, Cancer Council NSW is a 94% community funded, community focused not for profit. Cancer Council NSW (CCNSW) is the largest cancer charity in NSW and its point of difference is that it works across all stages of the cancer journey from research and prevention to end of life.
With a unique situation of a high number of maternity leave covers and internal secondments for career progression, the domino effect has opened up this incredible opportunity to step into a high performing team, achieving great things!
Joining our Marketing & Fundraising Division, a team of approximately 80, you will be part of the Philanthropy Unit. We are looking for a motivating leader who can guide a high performing team of Development Specialists across Corporate Partnerships, Trusts & Foundations and Major Gifts. With an innovative approach to new business you will lead the Development Team to raise funds for Cancer Council mission delivery through the demonstration of best practice in prospecting and relationship management and meeting agreed revenue targets to support the Philanthropy Unit’s five year growth plan.
Based in the Woolloomooloo office, reporting to the Philanthropy Unit Manager, you will have responsibility for four key areas:
- Supporting the Corporate Partnership Specialist with the development and implementation of the corporate acquisition strategy (both national and state based)
- Driving the development of the Major Gifts strategy and implementation of the Major Gifts program
- Growth of the Trust & Foundations portfolio
- Building a culture of philanthropy within the organisation through excellent internal senior stakeholder management
With your exceptional leadership skills and ability to think and act strategically, we are looking for the innovative flair that will take us to the next level.
Key priorities will be:
- Drive the strategic development of new business for Major Donors, Trust & Foundations and Corporate Partnerships
- Retain and lead a high performing team of Development Specialists
- Achieve revenue goals and enact marketing strategies to enhance donor development
- Work with the Philanthropy Unit Manager and the Executive Leadership team to develop high value, multi-year opportunities
- Manage and track budgets and forecasts and reporting on progress
- Work in partnership to ensure business development and account management strategies are unified and there is smooth transition between functions
- Analysis of market data to identify opportunities
- Liaising with key internal stakeholders to develop proposals and communication pieces
- Creation of persuasive pitch and marketing materials for current and new offerings
- Negotiation and contracting of new business
Is this role for you?
You are someone who challenges with respect, partners with integrity, while also having the ability to showcase with passion, how every $ CCNSW receives, adds value back to the community.
You will also bring:
- Philanthropic fundraising experience in the NFP sector essential
- Proven record of meeting and exceeding ambitious financial targets by attracting new donors/business
- Experience in pitching and presenting
- Experience in leading high performing teams
- Excellent negotiation, influencing and interpersonal skills
- Broad-based knowledge of best practices in various facets of partnership management and business development
- Must be target driven with a passion for achieving growth targets
- Highly professional and articulate, with a genuine passion for the organisation
- Proven ability to engage high value executive and board members and donor/client style relationships in a strategic and planned manner
- Sound project and budget management skills
Why wait! Apply online by clicking APPLY NOW and submit your cover letter and resume!
Apply now for interviews early January - Role available mid-January.
If you have any questions or need any additional information, please do not hesitate to call Bridget Mudford on 02) 93341436.