- Continue your career within a larger charity, in our pivotal Marketing and Fundraising Division and keep learning in the field of marketing fundraising
- Be part of raising the profile and success of 2 pivotal fundraising campaigns – The March Charge and The Longest Day
- Backfilling internal secondment, covering a Maternity Leave Contract, till early December 2021
We are Australia’s leading cancer charity, working across every area of every cancer. Every day we Support families affected by cancer; Speak out on behalf of the community; Empower people to reduce their cancer risk; Find new and better ways to detect and treat cancer.
The Marketing & Fundraising Division, made up of a team of over 80 leaders in their field, are responsible for income generation through the channels of fundraising Campaigns, Direct Marketing, Gifts in Wills, Partnerships and Major Gifts.
The Campaigns Team has a diverse portfolio of over 12 events and raises over $20 million a year. The team have full channel (e.g direct marketing, email, social) responsibilities and are working to create a profitable portfolio of mature, growth and innovation campaigns.
Based in our Woolloomooloo office, reporting to the Campaigns Specialist, during this contract position, you will deliver 2 of our pivotal fundraising campaigns, The March Charge and The Longest Day, which grow Cancer Council’s supporter base, deepen loyalty and increase overall revenue and profitability of the portfolio.
Primarily involved with The March Charge and The Longest Day, this role will give the opportunity to transfer to various campaigns as and when the strategic direction of the portfolio requires.
Some key responsibilities will include:
- Create tactical plans for all channels (direct marketing, email, social) to deliver the campaigns plans and objectives.
- Take a ‘test and learn approach’ to campaign activity, testing segmentation, tactics and creative to drive continuous improvement.
- Create acquisition and conversion direct marketing (online and offline) to achieve campaign objectives and use data to drive continuous improvement for the channel.
- Work with internal stakeholders to obtain the campaign audience data and set up all required processes to ensure effective channel reporting within the campaign.
- Create social media content to achieve campaign objectives and use data to drive continuous improvement for the channel.
- Work with agencies (website, creative, media, event and fundraising) to deliver campaign objectives to time and budget.
- Work with internal stakeholders to drive fundraising & participation across the state.
- Manage campaign stock/merchandise levels to fulfil campaign requirements
- Work on the creation of campaign materials that are in line with the visual and verbal brand of the organisation.
- Undertake all administration tasks required to fulfil the campaigns.
Tracking and Reporting:
- Undertake campaign and channel reporting to achieve continuous improvement (e.g Emails - open rates and click throughs)
- Undertake post campaign analysis
- Reporting and sharing learnings
You must enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and be able to multi task/work across numerous projects at any given time. With your proactive approach and ability to roll up your sleeves and pitch in no matter how big or small the task, other keys to your success in the role will be:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications, such as business and/or marketing, or equivalent demonstrated relevant experience
- Experience with administrative support
- Experience in developing marketing materials and implementing marketing campaigns
- Basic understanding of data driven marketing channels (edms, direct mail, digital)
- Well-developed interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Initiative to manage own workload as well as work within a close team environment.
- High level Microsoft office skills (excel, word and PowerPoint) and excellent attention to detail
- Flexibility to respond to social media accounts, outside normal office hours, during peak campaign periods will be required
CCNSW Diversity and Inclusion statement
Cancer Council NSW is an inclusive place to volunteer and work. We embrace diversity, celebrate our differences, and inspire each person to be their authentic self at work. As we strive to represent the communities we serve, we welcome and actively encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and other diverse groups. As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Campaigns Coordinator - Marketing and Fundraising Division enquiry via EthicalJobs.