The objective of Home Care Packages and Home Support programs is to provide an individualised service to consumers with the aim of facilitating the achievement of their goals related to independence and wellbeing. These programs support individuals to live independently in the community by providing individual tailored and goals focused packages of support. Promote consumers with independence, participation, care, self-fulfilment and dignity. Awareness and support of the philosophies of healthy ageing and independent living and the support of consumer’s rights. Provide holistic case management for individually funded consumers, using the consumer directed model to support them in achieving their goals. Supervise Support Workers who provide direct services to consumers of CORE to ensure that principals and quality of service delivery is maintained. Manage work time effectively to achieve all tasks and duties under the responsibility of this position. Contribute to the continuous quality improvement of service delivery.
Key responsibilities but not limited to the following:
- Provide effective, responsive, goals focused and outcome based case management
- Ensure compliance with relevant legislation, regulation guidelines, policies and procedures
- Developing and managing consumer budgets and actively work with consumers to ensure support is provided within budget constraints
- Liaising with preferred providers in relation to consumer assessments, needs, requirements, and recommendation for products, treatment and services
- Maintain comprehensive, up-to-date consumer records, utilising an electronic client record system
- Work collaboratively with the team in ensuring consumer services are rostered according to consumer's needs
- Prepare written reports containing current and accurate information within required timeframes
- Actively participate in internal and external network meetings
- A relevant qualification in social work or similar.
- Current First Aid Certificate.
- Must have case management experience in a similar role.
- Demonstrated understanding of cultural diversity and its impact on service provision
- Experience and knowledge of Consumer Directed Care (CDC)
- Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, Vietnamese Speaking would be highly regarded
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- A high level of computer literacy
- Current and valid NSW drivers licence and access to a vehicle would be highly regarded