- Opportunity to provide both Social Work & case management.
- Based in Western Sydney and the Blue Mountains
- Fantastic benefits incl. NFP salary packaging, EAP access + much more
We are looking for a Social Worker Case Manager who is committed and enthusiastic in ensuring the quality of life of our clients. You will be passionate about keeping older people physically active and engaged in life whilst maintaining their mobility and independence.
CatholicCare has been fortunate in securing funding to grow and provide additional services in our community. This funding will assist us to be a strong and visible provider of care for Western Sydney and the Blue Mountains, in our mission to help our aged care clients to live with joy and purpose.
About the Role:
This unique position offers opportunity to provide both Social Work services and case management. We are able to offer flexible hours for a dedicated Social Worker with a passion for aged care.
An opportunity also exists for a short-term Case Management contract until June 2022, to provide case management within CHSP.
- Provide social work services to customers presenting with a wide range of needs, including aged care, disability, health and wellbeing, return to life roles and rehabilitation.
- Provide case management to understand needs, manage difficulties, rediscover their strengths and ultimately purpose in life.
- Complete accurate assessment and review of customers, and to provide a consultancy service for a range of activities to a wide range of customers.
- Be knowledgeable of the various funding sources (ie Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP) Home Care Packages, Respite Care and Community Housing. etc) and work with the Client Care Team to ensure effective management and utilisation of client funds/services.
- Assessing client needs, developing a collaborative, strengths-based Care Plan with the client and their carer/representative and implementing services which will meet their individual needs.
- Maintain professional development to comply with registration requirements with the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW).
- Comply with reporting and administrative requirements for clients and employee and ensure that all data is accurate and up to date.
To be successful in this position you will need:
- Current registration as a social worker with the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW).
- Demonstrated experience in the aged/community/disability sector particularly working with clients with complex needs.
- Demonstrated understanding of the financial principles of individualised client funding and experience in monitoring, utilisation of funds and reviewing individual budgets.
- Providing Case Management to deliver quality care and service.
- Provide culturally appropriate care and services to CALD, ATSI and other Special Needs clients
- Evidence of a current COVID-19 vaccination Certificate
- Strong analytical and report writing skills
- A current driver’s license and own a registered and insured vehicle
Our ideal candidate will demonstrate a genuine desire to support our clients to live their lives to the fullest.
- Salary packaging benefits - Salary and Entertainment Packaging options for full-time positions (which could be a benefit of up to$15,900 per year).
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program
- Ongoing training and development (face-to-face and online learning)
- Plus, meaningful experiences through empowering people with disability, their families and carers, and the wider community
At CatholicCare Western Sydney and the Blue Mountains we are committed to making sure no one is left behind.
We have the people, the resources and the plans in place to make a real difference in the lives of people who find themselves facing difficult circumstances.
We are a team of people who are passionate about what we do and truly care about people - no matter where they come from, what they look like or how they see the world.
CatholicCare is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from cultural and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities. If you would like to discuss accessibility requirements, preferred communication methods and/or adjustments please contact email@example.com using the subject line: Social Worker Case Manager enquiry via EthicalJobs.
If successful, you will be required to provide a national police check, (obtained in the last 6 months,) and an Employee Working with Children’s with both having no disclosable outcomes and provide evidence of your right to work in Australia