- (0.5 FTE) Contract to 30 June 2023
The NDIS Appeals Advocate role:
- Will assist clients to navigate the NDIS internal review process
- Will assist clients to navigate the NDIS Appeals process within the Administrative Appeals Tribunal (AAT) by preparing documents and supporting clients at case conferences, conciliations and hearings
- Provide assistance and advice to applicants who wish to put their own cases forward (i.e. foster self-advocacy) for a review of NDIA decisions
- Where self-advocacy is not appropriate, provide individual advocacy support, developing and implementing an individual plan in partnership with the applicant
- Refer clients to the Central Assessment Provider (CAP) for legal funding where the matter raises complex or novel issues
- Provide information about the availability and role of the NDIS Appeals Office and conduct individual or group self-advocacy session
- Collect and maintain client information on the NDAP / ADAI database
- Collate data and draft other reports as necessary
A Position Description is available below.
Click "Apply Now" to submit an application.
For further information on the position, please contact the Senior Advocate, NDAP and NDIS Appeals at email: email@example.com using the subject line: NDIS Appeals Advocate enquiry via EthicalJobs.