- Work with a team dedicated to creating a more equal world and ending poverty
- Based in Canberra
- Part-time - 25 hours/week (0.66FTE), Parental Leave Cover
CARE is a leading international humanitarian aid organization fighting global poverty, with a special focus on working with women and girls to bring lasting change to their communities.
About the Role
The Corporate Support Officer undertakes a range of administrative tasks to ensure the business support functions operate effectively with a focus on a high level of customer service to internal and external clients. The Officer also supports risk and compliance including preparing corporate reporting, support on internal audits and compliance checks.
All CARE staff demonstrate a commitment to the prevention of sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse and to the protection of children in their work.
- Under general direction, administer internal compliance checks.
- Under general direction, support data entry and compilation of corporate reporting on safeguards including safety and security, privacy and data protection, counter-terrorism, child protection and protection from sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse.
- Administer travel-related tasks include both domestic and international travel as required.
- Provide general business support for Canberra office and Travel Desk as required.
- Process, under supervision, general office administration tasks including archiving, building maintenance administration, and the ordering of office stationery and kitchen supplies within budget parameters.
- Provide administrative support to the Risk and Compliance team as required.
- Update business support procedures as required.
Ideally you will have:
- Demonstrated skills in general office administration and the ability to contribute ideas to more effective ways to deliver tasks to meet ongoing operational needs.
- Demonstrated ability to be organised, efficient and self manage time to ensure urgent and important tasks are complete.
- Ability to shift data from multiple sources into an easily readable format.
- Demonstrated proficiency in G-Suite applications, excel and data visualisation tools.
- Clear written and verbal communicator.
- Demonstrated positive, flexible attitude to working effectively in a small, diverse and busy team environment with minimal supervision.
- The ability to maintain effective working relationships with cross-functional teams including overseas-based teams.
- Some knowledge and understanding of travel administration including both domestic and international travel will be highly valued.
What we can offer you
- A flexible and supportive working environment.
- Generous salary packaging benefits.
- 17.5% leave loading.
- Professional development and training opportunities.
CARE Australia reserves the right to seek information from job applicants’ previous employers about incidents of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment, and/or child abuse the applicant may have been found guilty to have committed or about which an investigation was in the process of being carried out at the time of the termination of the applicant’s employment with that employer. By submitting the application, the job applicant confirms that s/he has no objection to CARE Australia requesting the information specified above.
CARE Australia is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and encourage applications from people living with a disability and/or have lived experience of disability. We also encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds to apply.
A position description is attached.