- Challenging and rewarding, support the effective introduction and roll out of the Early Years Kindergarten Program
- Collaborative and supportive environment
- Band 6 $82K+
- Full time, maximum term (April 2022)
About the Role
Are you looking for an opportunity to be part of a team that will play a critical role in delivering significant Early Childhood reforms at a local level? You will be responsible for facilitating the Early Years kindergarten program including the roll out of three year old kindergarten across Cardinia Shire including the Victorian Three Year Old Kindergarten Reform.
Reporting to the Team Leader Child and Family Services, your key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare and review relevant documentation for Department of Education & Training (DET) including reports, statistics, and other local data in timely and consistent manner.
- Schedule set up and resource all Early Years Kindergarten Program meetings, in consultation with key stakeholders (internal and external), prepare minutes and monitor key actions and agreed outcomes.
- Coordinate marketing/communication materials and resources to ensure provision of up to date information to community, educators, and other professionals in the early year's sector.
- Work collaboratively with the Child and Family Services team and participate in a range of community activities and/or events as they align to building kindergarten participation, engagement, promotion and/or education opportunities.
As the early Years Reform Project Officer , you will have excellent leadership,stakeholder management, project management skills and posses a strong understanding of early childhood policy and practice. Knowledge of early childhood policy and practice will allow you to excel in the position.
What we are looking for:
- Tertiary qualifications in relevant discipline required, combined with substantial relevant experience and local government environment.
- Proven detailed knowledge of early childhood education regulations, frameworks, and policy agenda.
- Demonstrated highly developed interpersonal skills including effective communication (written and presentation) together with strong decision making, negotiation, facilitation, and creative problem-solving capacity.
- Cardinia Shire Council is a dynamic and progressive organisation. We pride ourselves on our diversity and investment in our staff. Everything we do is underpinned by our Together, Different and for the Future approach, embracing collaboration and innovation across teams, with other agencies, and our community.
- We seek people with diverse experience and background, then provide you with the tools for career success. You will have access to targeted training through our learning and development programs to enable you to achieve your professional goals and excel in your role.
- We offer opportunities to work flexibly, balancing your work goals with your life goals. We offer a wide range of staff benefits, including discounted gym memberships and health insurance, annual leave loading?and access to our comprehensive health and well-being program.
- To apply for this position please complete the online application form, including your Resume and a Covering letter demonstrating your suitability to the role.
- Please visit, https://www.cardinia.vic.gov.au/jobsearch to review the position description.
Cardinia Shire Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to an equitable, diverse, and socially inclusive work environment and a positive, barrier-free recruitment process. We welcome applicants from an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage, people living with a disability, LGBTIQ+ and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to explore career opportunities with Cardinia Shire Council. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application. 1300 787 624.
All successful applicants will be required to undertake a National Police Check, pre-employment medical and obtain or hold a valid Working with Children Check.
You must have valid Australia Working Rights to be considered for this role.
A position description is attached.