- Casual roles
- Flexibility and work/life balance
- Port Augusta location
Cara is proud to be a leading South Australian disability service provider. We have more than 1,000 staff, known as our Possible People, who work alongside more than 750 customers in Supported Independent Living (SIL), Short Term Accommodation, Home & Community Support and Specialist Services.
Cara is committed to working alongside children and adults with disability to grow as individuals and live a life rich in opportunities.
About the role
We are seeking passionate and caring people who are working in or have a desire to work in disability to help find possible for our customers.
- Positions currently available across our services in Port Augusta
- Flexibility to work over a 7 day, 24 hour roster period including mornings, evenings, weekends and sleepovers
- Providing care to our customers including children and adults both in accommodation and respite services, in a supportive and safe environment
- Experience in high and complex behaviours as well as manual handling is desirable
- Promoting the dignity and positive image of customers within the community
- Facilitating customer communication and enhancing their choice and decision making processes
- Assisting customers in all aspects of personal care
- Providing community inclusion and networking opportunities for customer and supporting customer’s leisure activities
- Flexible work hours including weekend shifts
Skills and Experience
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of person centred thinking practice
- Good level of IT skills
- Certificate III in Individual Support or working towards attainment (Desirable) or equivalent experience
- Current SA Driver’s Licence
- Current DHS/DCSI Disability Employment and Child Related Employment Screening / Working with Children Check (or willing to obtain)
- Current Provide First Aid Certificate (HLTAID003)
- Supportive, rewarding friendly work environment
- Career opportunities in a growing organisation focussing on our people
- Competitive remuneration plus salary packaging benefits
- On the job paid training
How do I apply?
- Please complete the details below including Resume and Cover Letter
- To view the Position Description please click here
- For any enquiries contact the Cara Recruitment Team on (08) 8347 4588.
- Please note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted