Capire Consulting Group is a specialist community engagement company.
We design and deliver tailored engagement strategies to build understanding, create local ownership and to inform sustainable decision making. We use a lens of diversity, inclusion and accessibility to maximise social benefit on all our projects. Our team are skilled listeners, communicators, researchers, facilitators and problem solvers.
Capire Consulting Group Pty Ltd is a 100% privately owned and operated professional services consultancy providing specialist community and stakeholder engagement services for clients in all levels of government, the not for profit and commercial sectors.
Capire is also a certified B Corporation. B Corps use the power of business to solve social and environmental problems, redefining success by voluntarily meeting higher standards of transparency, accountability and performance. More information can be found at https://www.bcorporation.net/what-are-b-corps
Capire Consulting Group is seeking a highly organised and motivated Operations Manager to oversee business operations functions to ensure consistency, quality, and compliance with organisational policies and procedures.
The role supports three core functions:
- OPERATIONS: Provide corporate, finance and administrative support to ensure our business and operations systems run seamlessly and efficiently
- PERFORMANCE: Monitor business performance (delivery, quality, financial, people, impact) and drive accountability in consultant and delivery teams
- IMPACT: Ensure that we create positive social impact through improved and ethical business systems, procedures, and decision making.
The successful candidate will work closely with the CEO and senior team to provide strategic planning and operational support. The Operations Manager will also provide advice to the CEO on matters such as business management and performance systems, financial planning, facilities management and B Corp commitments. You will be supported by an administration officer and external service providers in finance, HR and IT.
Your role will include:
- Managing day to day financial and office administration activities, including but not limited to office processes and procedures, finance processes, HR processes, suppliers and service provider management, insurance, compliance and contract management
- Directing, managing, and where relevant, developing the capacity of staff in the use and understanding of business systems such as Xero, dedicated workforce/job management systems and general Microsoft Office suite of software to guarantee smooth business operations and the provision of accurate and timely information
- In close consultation with external accountants, providing relevant information and support for the preparation of quarterly financial, staff, performance and operational reports and budgets to the CEO and Board
- Providing secretariate support to the Chair and Board during board meetings, minute-taking and ongoing leadership of managing executive meetings, annual event calendars, events and activities
- Supporting the formulation and implementation of operational plans, policies, processes, reporting and systems. The role also has accountability for supporting system change management and internal capacity building on systems/processes
- Undertaking measures to identify and reduce or mitigate business risks associated with financial security, HR, safety and wellbeing, insurances, real estate matters, business continuity and other risk areas concerning the business
- Closely monitoring overall project/finance performance metrics and managing and pursuing Capire aged debtors in a firm and effective manner.
- Carrying out a regular audit and inspection to assess risks associated with the business
- Leading Capire's current B Corp commitments and driving accountability amongst the team, including identifying opportunities to drive better social outcomes and contributions to our community.
Who are we looking for?
- A highly organised, proactive person who doesn’t miss a deadline
- A flexible attitude who can work collaboratively to build strong long term and highly effective relationships with staff, suppliers and clients that maximise business and community value
- A problem solver who can easily multi-task and prioritise work effectively with diligence and hands-on confidence.
- Prior experience in a business operations or corporate services role, with specific experience working in a professional services consultancy is highly desirable
- A person who is motivated to do good in the world and to a high ethical standard
- A calm, drama-free, no fuss person who can maintain the highest levels of confidentiality is essential
- Bachelor or diploma in business, legal, human resources or similar is preferred with demonstrated skills in Xero/MYOB accounting software and MS Office suite
What we offer
A competitive financial package will be negotiated with the successful candidate, including access to our employee bonus scheme and a flexible working environment.
Capire is committed to creating a supportive and diverse workplace, and is a family friendly, Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We provide equal opportunities to all persons without discrimination in our recruitment processes. Please contact us for more information on our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy.
Capire prohibits the use of child labour and forced compulsory labour in all circumstances.